“Value for money and great homemade food.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Dumfries
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Value for money and great homemade food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This if the 5th time I have been here for the early bird menu which consists of 2 courses and a glass of wine for less than £10. The food is fantastic and the staff are friendly and courteous. There's a good and varied choice of starters, including tapas, and mains so there's something to suite everyone and the portions are ample. My young granddaughter only wanted soup and juice and we were only charged an extra £2. All the food is fresh, NEVER frozen, including the vegetables, which is quite rare these days when you're paying so little. If you're on a budget like most of us and fancy treating yourself, then this is the place to go, you will not be disappointed. My husband is still ranting about it today and he is not easily pleased when it comes to food! I have a feeling it won't be too long until we're back again. Well done Truffles Bistro, keep up the good work.

• Visited June 2013

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

truffles is the place to go to if you want first class service and food. I made a special request for " lobster thermador to john" on Wednesday of this week. he said he would only make it for me if he could source fresh lobster for me. booked our table for Saturday. sure enough he got me fresh lobster for my main course . it was one of those meals you didn't want to end. cooked to perfection . this little restaurant hidden away in bank street is a gem for Dumfries . the staff are second to none with the service and john himself knows exactly how to treat his customers. my husband enjoyed his meal of fillet steak served with a mixture of veg and potatoes and a lovely hot diane sauce. you really all must go and dine there and enjoy the ambience of tis wee gem of a place . well done folks . keep up yhe good work .

• Visited June 2013
Dunfermline
“You won't believe it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Right! repeat after me in your best Victor Meldrew voice, "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Because that is the expression you'll need, if you can overlook the rather unassuming frontage and descend into the magical vaulted grotto that is 'Truffles'.

You will be warmly welcomed by the cheerful & enthusiastic proprieter and his delightful staff into this dimly lit little wonderland. (Mind you don't walk into the mirrored wall at the back though, or you could end up in Alice's wonderland!).

But, it's in the kitchen where the magic really happens for the chef here clearly knows his onions and turns out absolutely wonderful food. We had tapas and garlic mushrooms to start, then tender pork and a delicious pasta - incredibly tasty!

To top it all, there is a promotional offer before 7pm which gives you two courses and a glass of wine for under a tenner. Don't tell everybody though; we'll need a table the next time we're in Dumfries. Sshhhhh!

• Visited April 2013
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

my friends and I enjoyed the early evening set menu and were so impressed with the quality of the food and service. The menu had something to suit all, adding desert came at an incredibly reasonable £2. We will definitely be back and recommend to all.

• Visited May 2013