“warm and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hazeldean House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dumfries
Hazeldean House
4 Moffat Road, Dumfries DG1 1NJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Dumfries B&B and Inns
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I called up very last minute (same day) and they couldn't have been more helpful, providing me with a stunning room to accomodate me and my two kids at short notice for a very reasonable price with no fuss at all. Wonderful and charming over the top decor that I loved (very Scottish), an extremely clean and comfortable room with a massive four poster bed, huge telly and wifi, and smells delicious everywhere! Very warm and friendly hosts, I left feeling like I had stayed with relatives! I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I was ever back in Dumfries!

Room Tip: our room (2) has a 4 poster bed
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for one night only on 22nd June. Bit of a mix up over which room we were in but frankly it really didn't matter. Bill and Wilma are perfect hosts and could not have been more helpful. The house itself is an eclectic mix that all adds to its charm. Have no problem in recommending their home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
OZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A good B&B run by nice people, they dish up a fantastic breakfast. Close to the town centre with a great recommendation for dinner.
The rooms are a bit over decorated for my taste but each to their own.
Very small ensuite which meant we had to keep the door open to be able to brush your teeth.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A regular visitor to Dumfries to see my elderly aunt, I decided to try Hazeldean House. I was not disappointed. My room was large, comfy and warm. Bill and Wilma were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. I was made to feel very welcome, a home from home. I will certainly stay here again. Ample parking and only a short walk into town, Train station 3 mins away. Sue Wakefield. Leics.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at the Hazeldean over a long weekend and had a wonderful time. Bill who runs the establishment was very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much bother to him. They also have the most gorgeous wee doggy!

The house is beautiful and is very central to the town centre. You are around a 5-10 minute walk from the town centre (or few quid in a taxi if it's raining!) and about 2 mins from the train station.

The room was a decent size and was very cosy. It had a huge big television with loads of channels and a very comfy bed. There was ample room for clothes and all our belongings.

The breakfast on offer was lovely and there were a variety of options to choose from. Also, if you want extra, just ask and Bill will be more than happy to provide.

In all we would recommend Hazeldean House for any trip to Dumfries and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Excellent value for money, location and experience. It was very enjoyable and the hosts were friendly. I lived in the area (when backpacking) and used to walk past it everyday so when we were traveling around Scotland on a return trip we booked in - it it a short walk from everything with ample car parking. easy access and location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Suzie the gorgeous Fox Terrier and Bill made us feel more than welcome, playing the Hazeldean Jazz Band for us, helping with bags etc. Our room is huge!
As it was raining, Bill drove us down to the town for dinner - who does that?!? I can't top that for service!!! Nothing seems to be too much trouble.
Wish we were staying longer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hazeldean House? Share your experiences!