“Great food big prices!” 4 of 5 stars

01259-21-33-44
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Singh's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 29 restaurants in Alloa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Great food big prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked here as the online menus looked great. As I'm a veggie I was impressed with the selection. We were not disappointed! My partner tried the goanese curry which was steamed haddock and prawns and boy was it delicious!!!! My Kashmiri korma in banana was lovely but maybe a bit sickly. Still great flavours. Staff very helpful and friendly and atmosphere good. Only down side were the big prices! Like others have said, a bit too expensive for Alloa.

71% Recommend
Alloa, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great Indian Food Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

First time visit, arrived 9.30 on a Saturday night with no reservation (there was only the two of us), place had a few other diners and a party in the function type room. Good atmosphere, nice easy listening music and attentive waiters. Thought the menu had a lot of choice and we loved our food. We do like spicy and I have to confess my mouth was on fire - I had poppadoms, spicy chicken dosa, South Indian garlic chilli chicken and a nan. Far too much food and they kindly wrapped up almost all my main to take home. Kingfisher beer on tap too, what more can you ask for!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Special Occasions Only I'd Say”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited as a group of 4 friends and had the best Indian food we've had locally for a very long time. Curries full of flavour and friendly staff too.
The reason I'd say this is a special occasion restaurant is the cost. It's expensive!
We had 4 curries, 2 rice, 2 nan's and 6 beers and it came to £100. As I said the food was truly fantastic, but I'd expect a visit to a good Indian restaurant in Alloa to cost less than this. But then, the place was full, so it's a popular place even at these prices!

• Visited January 2013
Dollar, United Kingdom
“Great food freshy prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've now been to Mr Singh's quite a few times since it opened last year. We've always had excellent, well spiced and tasty food in modern surroundings. There's a really good choice of starters and mains for carnivores and vegetarians. As well as the usual curries there are also some specialities including Mr Singh's chicken and Patilee curry which are favourites of ours. The naan breads are light and tasty too. Last night I had the paneer tikka for starter - cubes of indian light cheese coated in a well-balanced mix of spices and put on a skewer with onions and peppers and in the tandoor oven - served with salad and sauces. I then had another tandoori dish which was chicken coated in a garlic and coriander mix and served on a sizzling plate - with rice and salad - both really delicious and tasty. I had mine with a Dhansac sauce as I was trying to save some calories (!) and it was really nice. I would say that the curries are a little spicier/hot than in some places but it's well worth trying something different. The staff are always friendly and helpful. They even got in some beer (rather than lager) for my husband as he can't drink lager. Overall another excellent meal. Thank you.

• Visited January 2013
dollar
“Nice food but it's all too hot!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Lovely new place but it's a bit chilly and everything including kormas is way too hot. Really disappointed. Because I love the Stirling Mr singhs

Visited November 2012