Here is a copy of the email I sent to the Manager/ Landlord (Alistair Moody) on 27/05/09 which is self explanatory. I have not had any reply .
"Dear Mr Moody,
I was very disappointed and upset from our experience at Tibbie Shiels yesterday. I thought that I had found a perfect place for a family get together and lunch but it turned out to be a total fiasco.
My daughter could not believe that anything like that could happen in this country and that is why she expressed her feelings directly to you before leaving. I do not wish to leave the matter like this but I would like to hear your side of the story before taking further action.
1. You promised me THREE times, twice on phone and once by email, that you would mail me a copy of the menu but nothing happened.
2. You were very happy to take my booking, by email AND by phone but when we reached there at the agreed time of 12:30 you were no where to be seen and the staff on duty had no knowledge of the booking.
3. Poor staff on duty were clearly out of their depth and you did not appear on the scene till 2:15 pm.
4. Food was tolerable and thank God no one has been ill but the service was appalling and while waiting and looking around we were shocked to see the poor standard of hygiene.
I await you reply with interest
Dr S S Bajoria"
- Also Known As:
- Tibbie Shiels Hotel
- Tibbie Shiels Hotel Selkirk
- Tibbie Shiels Inn Selkirk, Scotland
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tibbie Shiels Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.