“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsmuir House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peebles
Kingsmuir House
You added Kingsmuir House to your Saves list
Springhill Road, Peebles EH45 9EP, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Peebles B&B and Inns
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to have a short break in Peebles before the easter holidays.
I was recommended Kingsmuir House by some friends. I am so pleased I listened to them.
Kingsmuir House is more than a home from home. The location is excellent, the bedrooms were so stylish but still felt very warm and cosy and the service by Malcolm was excellent.
The breakfast menu offered everything from porridge to a full Scottish breakfast. We decided on the full Scottish breakfast and it was cooked and presented beautifully.

I would recommend Kingsmuir House to everybody. We loved it! The small touches such as fresh milk, ice cold water and a selection of teas in your room and of course the delicious locally produced apple juice at breakfast are just some of the reasons why Kingsmuir House is so wonderful.

Thank you again for having us. We hope to see you again very soon.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Last month my husband and I stayed at Kingsmuir House for two weeks. We were not in Peebles on vacation but to move my 94 year old mother into a new apartment. It was a great deal of hard work in very cold weather - well, it was cold to us as we live a good part of the year in Mexico, the rest of it in southern Texas! However, Malcolm went out of his way to help and to make us feel warm and welcome. An extra heater was put in our room and switched on every evening before we returned "home" as well as the lamps being lit - this really did make us feel welcome. If it fitted into his schedule, Malcolm would give us a ride into the town each morning and even found the electrical plugs that we needed when he made a visit to Innerleithen.

Malcom's cooking is excellent whether it be just a simple bowl of porridge (with honey and cream) for breakfast or the more elaborate haggis stuffed chicken with whiskey sauce for dinner - every meal was delightful and looked forward to every day.

The removation of Kingsmuir has been beautifully and tastefully done - I had stayed there on a number of occasions over the years when it was the Kingsmuir hotel and, believe me, it looks a different place. The rooms are comfortably and immaculately furnished and were always spotlessly clean - loved the underfloor heating in the bathroom! Having your own sitting room makes a big difference especially for a longer stay, it is certainly better than having to sit on the bed to watch tv or read and particularly makes one feel at home.

The whole family of Malcolm, Karen and Georgina made us feel welcome every day and of course when you return "home" after a long, cold, hard day there is nothing quite like a puppy cuddle from Morag, the Bedlington terrier, otherwise known as the Toast Queen.

In short, Kingsmuir House is above and beyond any other bed and breakfast establishment, whether it be for a short or a long stay. We will most certainly be staying there on our next trip to Peebles.

Thank you, Malcolm, for your help and support, you certainly made it easier to cope with a difficult trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

A lovely Birthday Weekend.!

Malcolm was a fantastic host, what a nice guy! nothing was too much trouble and we could not fault our stay in any way.

Thank you for a welcoming and comfortable stay.

The attention to details was fantastic and it was the best thing about our trip to Scotland.

Would recommend the B&B to friends and family..."

Repton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I can not agree more with all the previous comments. The whole experience more than met my expectations, the attention to detail, welcome and atmosphere were amazing. Malcolm and his family (including Morag their cute Bedlington terrier) made my stay more than worthy of its 5 star rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

After receiving a Christmas card following a previous trip to the wonderful Kingsmuir House, decided on a whim that we loved the place so much we just had to return!

We recieved an even warmer welcome on our second trip and felt like we'd never been away. The rooms, service and food were just as perfect as the first time plus December/Christmas in Peebles was delightful.

I have a feeling that this will become a regular trip for us just because we would make a special trip just to stay at Kingsmuir House! No mean feat at a 4 hour + drive but believe me, it really is that good!

Keep up the good work and we'll no doubt see you again :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Perthshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had been so looking forward to our short stay at Kingsmuir House. It more than lived up to our expectation. A warm and very welcoming arrival from Malcom. We really felt looked after. I loved how Kingsmuir House supported any local producers they could. Large choice at breakfast, amazing eggs benedict with smoked salmon, homemade granola. I liked the traditional feel that the Haystoun suite had....handmade truffles, home baked shortbread, fresh flowers. Amongst my favourite things was the very luxurious bathroom with underfloor heating. What more can I say......it was wonderful, very special. I wished I could've stayed longer! We wouldn't hesitate recommending this fantastic B&B.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Have just returned from 2 nights at the wonderful Kingsmuir House. I don't think we have ever stayed anywhere quite like it before. Malcolm was an exceptional host, and made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the Bonnington Suite which was beautfully furnished and we loved the roll top bath and the super comfy bed. The extra touches like the ice, truffles, fresh flowers, fruit, fresh milk for tea all made the stay extra special.
The breakfast was delicious and made with quality local produce, the apple juice was a favourite.
All in all, a first class stay and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kingsmuir House? Share your experiences!