Our long journey to Cringletie for New Year was more than worth it. We had Niedpath room and we were aware of the shower problems, management intend to fix it in the period of closure in January.
We managed with it as the rest of the room was great, the hotel and staff were really friendly and gave excellent service at all times. The food was michelin star standard and each meal was as good as the last. We had Scottish dancing on New Years eve and a traditional piper at midnight, all we'd hoped for spending Hogmany in Scotland.
The whole weekend felt like being at a house party with lots of other people to chat to, yet space alone if you wanted, in a warm friendly atmosphere.
High praise to management and all staff for a great Scottish Hogmany with amazing food, continue the standard ( but please fix that shower for perfection and need biscuits on the room tea tray )
Hope to return in the future and would recommend to anyone visiting Peebles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cringletie House is a luxurious Country House Hotel, set in 28 stunning acres, just outside Peebles and 30 minutes south of Edinburgh, in the Scottish Borders.With 4 Red Stars, Cringletie Hotel is the only AA Top Hotel (Inspector's choice) in the Scottish Borders. No other hotel in this location has been awarded 4 Gold Stars by Visit Scotland. The Sutherland Restaurant at Cringletie is considered one of Peebles' top restaurants and our Head Chef ensures his menus reflect the changing seasons with locally sourced produce. The hotel's bedrooms are individually decorated and all have glorious views over the gardens and rolling countryside. All rooms offer FREE WiFi, LCD TV, Bathrobe & Slippers and a range of Molten Brown Toiletries. The hotel has a specially designed accessible room with wheelchair access - and lifts to all floors. For our guests who seek the outdoors the range of opportunities are truly limitless. The region boasts some of the best mountain biking in the UK at Glentress, fishing on the Tweed (Europe's premier salmon fishing river), and some of the best field sports and golf in Scotland. If you are touring Scotland with your best (four-legged) friend we welcome dogs to the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cringletie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cringletie House Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie House Peebles, Scotland