“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Recently had an excellent meal at the crown hotel and was very impressed. They have a wide selection on offer do will cater to all tastes and have an excellent specials menu also. The service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious. We where actually staying in the hotel which was excellent as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I went to the crown recently for a meal with a few friends, I ordered the pâté and then the lasagne with garlic bread followed by the apple crumble. Everything was lovely! Especially the pâté. Two young girls served us, one blonde the other brunette, both very kind and attentive!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eyemouth
“Cosy little pub in the heart of Peebles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Food was amazing here, I opted for the homemade curry of the day and my other half had a Cajun chicken special, both priced under £9 which is great! Meals arrived very quickly from a lovely girl serving, food was piping hot and very generous in size. We both opted for pudding too when we'd devoured our mains. I hose the homemade sticky toffee pudding which was gorgeous if not slightly massive, and hubby took the cheese board which was very generous again for just over £5.

Was very glad we tried here and would definitely go back, just a shame it was so quiet when we went which could put people off. Lovely :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunbar
“Service very slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Steak pie with salad seemed an odd combination to me

Visited May 2012
“Terrible lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Went to the Crown on Saturday afternoon, about 2.30pm. I can't recall when I last had such a disappointingly poor, greasy, lazy meal. I ordered one of the 'specials' - a spicy burger. I had looked at the standard burgers and thus had certain expectations, that the 'special' burger would resemble in content the regular burgers, but with spiciness and perhaps some 'specialness'.

My expectations did not include receiving a dry untoasted bun with the vaguest smearing of relish on one surface and 4 sad sweaty salad leaves sticking to the bottom of the other, served with 7 greasy wedges and a wilting small side salad.

My friends received really oily fish and chips.

Avoid this place for the time being.