“The Best B & B in Hawick by a country mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lynnwood Cottage

Lynnwood Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawick
Lynnwood Cottage
You added Lynnwood Cottage to your Saves list
12 Liddesdale Road, Hawick TD9 0ES, Scotland   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hawick B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“The Best B & B in Hawick by a country mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My wife and I have friends in Hawick and stay probably once a year.We've tried another couple of establishments in preceeding years but this one was a real find.First of all you have a bedroom and a separate bath and shower area and then a separate wardrobe in suite 2.In addition to that you have a lounge area with a wood burning stove should you require it to heat the room but it was not necessary when we stayed.Maggie is a wonderful host and makes you feel at ease.As well as the great accommodation (for only a bed and breakfast rate) she provided us with tea on arrival at no extra charge and cooked the breakfast to perfection the next day.It is situated off the main road but well signposted with a brown tourist board sign.Because it is situated off the road it is fairly quiet and tranquil and would recommend it for a get away from it all break.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Lynnwood Cottage for one night in June. The location was perfect, just on the outskirts of Hawick in a quiet spot, surrounded by trees but within easy walking distance of town. Maggie is lovely and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The suite was all that you could want and a whole lot more. It was spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated with lots of little extra touches to make you feel really at home. Breakfast was excellent, really tasty, loads of choice and served at the table in our suite. We would recommend Lynnwood Cottage to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed here for one night enroute to Edinburgh and had a lovely stay here. The acommodation we had was so large and comfortable we knew it would be extremely difficult to get anything better anywhere. Maggie is very welcoming and hospitable and the setting of the house is really lovely, across a river and surrounded by beautiful trees.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NEWCASTLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I arrived at Lynnwood Cottage and thought I'd made a mistake when I saw the suite I was given. I didnt even get this luxury in a posh hotel I'd stayed in a few nights before and paid twice the price for. I was gobsmacked by the quality of the suite. The lounge dining area was ideal for me to write my notes up and there was even a sterio in a cabinet. Then the sitting room / bedroom was amazing. It had a fireplace, sofa, a large TV in a cabinet and far more luxury than I'm used to. The bathroom had a large (to me) whirlpool bath, which I just had to get into. I think if you're thinking of paying seventy quid a night for a posh hotel room, you should forget it and come to this B&B instead and get more comfort and luxury for a lot less.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
stirling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed at Lynnwood Cottage for 2 weeks whilst working in Hawick. Maggie, Dave and Sally the Westie looked after me, spoilt me thoroughly and really made me feel at home.

I had the upstairs suite with double room, lounge, dressing room and shower room, plus private entrance and patio. The accomodation is extremely comfortable, spotless and of an excellent standard. Dressing gowns in the wardrobe - fantastic! Maggie's gourmet breakfast menu with locally sourced ingredients is better than some 5 star hotels I've stayed in.

My husband came to visit in the middle of my stay, during which time we celebrated a wedding anniversary. Both of us felt that the Lynnwood was great place to spend that special time and that is provides a great base from which to explore the beautiful Borders. Maggie and Dave were able to recommend excellent places to eat and visit in the area and are clearly proud of their splendid town.

Having worked throughout Scotland recently Lynnwood Cottage is by far and away the best place that I have stayed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

Ill try and keep this short and to the basics.

The service recieve was top notch, Maggie and Steve (and Sally) make you feel very welcome and at home straight away, its not like you are a client or just another traveller but a friend. The owners take the tiem to talk about the area and places to visit and eat and offered to book us a table at a restaurant. I think the best thing to say is they will go out of their way to help you and do it with a pleasant smile and a friendly chat.

The rooms are a good size and beautifully furnished incredibly clean and homely. Whilst it is true the owners own property is in the same building and on the same floor we never found this to be a problem and just showed the passion and commitment they have and also the trust they have in their guests. We were never made to feel bothered or harassed and it was nice to have someone take the time to help and talk to everyone.

The location overall was good, Maggie suggested a nice park to go to and the local shops were close by just a few minutes drive away. Breakfast had everything we required and was all fresh and home cooked. The toast was fantastic, Maggie made the table up for us beautifully and did everything to accomodate our needs.

I will be staying here again in August and would go back in an instant, this place fully deserves the 4* rating and gets 5 stars from me.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

Advertised as a suite,the place seemed the perfect honeymoon destination for a very reasonable price.However, on arrival,It was immediately obvious that the suite was in fact part of the walkthrough to the owners property.The only private part of the room was the bedroom itself,which was just big enough for the bed,the room had its own portable television with very poor reception. The dressing room next door incorporated a dressing table and a wardrobe,and the bathroom...well shower room was ok apart from the water pressure only being powerful enough to support a fast dribble,which was either freezing or scalding.The towels supplied were of a standard size,no bath sheets.
The place was immaculate,partly because of the fact that the owners were immediately cleaning any cup saucer and glass the moment we departed the property.The Breakfasts were dissapointing,especially after having read so many good reports on here about the "fabulous breakfasts".The food appeared to have been cooked the previous evening and reheated in the morning, the sausages were poor quality, bacon dried and hard and the eggs were solid.
As soon as we arrived back from any trip out, the owners would be ''coming into the suite" and trying to make small talk. On one occasion we had just popped back to collect some bits and pieces from the room and found the owners dog staring out of our own "private" patio doors and the owner wandering around in the living area.
On a welcoming note however, the owners had left us a bottle of champagne and chocolates.... but we felt intruded upon and unable to appreciate the gesture in private.
After having stayed in many STB 4* establishments we were disappointed with the usual guaranteed standard that we had become used to, and I know for a fact that some of the criteria required to reach this standard was not met. We will be taking this up with the STB. So basically, if false advertising,intrusive owners,poor showers and a dry breakfast is your thing, then this is definately the place to stay. If it isnt ,then there are many other places in the area of far superior quality to choose from.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Intrusive owners and dog....total lack of privacy....
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
lynnwoodcottage, Owner at Lynnwood Cottage, responded to this review, October 28, 2008
We are really disappointed to see a negative comment on our B & B. We do not mislead in any way regarding our Suites, as all is shown on our Website. We would of hoped these guests would of made a complaint there and then, so any issues could of been resolved immediately. We have never had a bad word said about our hospitality ever before. We have always strived to be friendly as normally our visitors arrive as guests and leave as friends.
We have recently been awarded four stars for excellant service and accommodation, so it's dishearting to read as owners, a unwarranted scathing remark about your establishments performance.

Been to Lynnwood Cottage? Share your experiences!