“Excellent b&b” 5 of 5 stars

Abbotsford Rd, Galashiels TD1 3HP, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Galashiels B&B and Inns
“Excellent b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Binneymyre for 4 nights while Working in the area, excellent facilities and lovely house and gardens, attentive hosts and substantial breakfast would definatly return and recommend to others

• Stayed October 2012
BinniemyreGuestHouse, Owner at Binniemyre Guest House, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi thank you hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Beautyfull house and surroundings, very friendly and helpfull people.
Looks like a castle but the room was nice and the price was poor....
It surprised me very much.
Everyone schould go there one's in his or hers lifetime.
I allready advised some people to go there when they are in Scotland.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
BinniemyreGuestHouse, Owner at Binniemyre Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. It is nice to hear all the positive comments you make about the building and your stay in general Thank you once again
Collonges, Suisse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

As we had been told by another (almost 2 times more expensive) B&B owner in Galashiels that all was probably full that that night, my wife and I were a bit depressed but still had some hope while the lady had told us that there was maybe a last chance with one of the 3 B&B on the right when leaving the town...
So when Bill welcomed us, telling that there was more than enough place for us in this beautiful place, it happened to be like a miracle... the lovely situation and house, the people, the atmosphere, the serenity :-)
To resume, it's a real plaisure to pay the bill, Bill !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BinniemyreGuestHouse, Owner at Binniemyre Guest House, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello thank you for taking time to write us review on your stay with us. We are glad that you found us and that your stay with us was satisfactory. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again sometime. Carol and Bill
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sorry for taking so long to write this bill/carol !!!
I have stayed at the binniemyre guest house for the past 6 or seven years !!!
Firstly can I say something about the welcome you receive ?
It is is first class and from the very first time I stayed I was made to feel very welcome !!!
I had no idea what to expect but I was soon put at ease by both bill and carol - and ever since I have love staying here !
The rooms are large and clean - the food is nice and caters for most palates !!!
But most of all no matter what time of year if you have a problem either bill or carol will help you sort it out - I have lost count the number of times bill has asked me if I needed a lift to either a restaurant or pick me up from somewhere I have been visiting !!! To me that is not a normal b n b and thats why I keep coming back here ,,, also you are never under any pressure to get ready and book out - nothing is too much trouble for this couple !!!
I will always stay here when I come to Galashiels and wish bill and carol all the best !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi Gordon, thank you for your review on your stay with us over the years.we hope all is going well in oz and hope to see you again at binniemyre. Carol and Bill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful and quirky. Bill was lovely and friendly and very genuine. We slept in a massive sitting//bedroom with bay and french windows. Breakfast was great and another lovely room. Felt very nonintrusive cosy just great value for money.Would revisit and recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
HI, many thanks for your nice comments glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to ess again soon.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I travel to Britain every year. My family is from the UK and we've spent over 35 years travelling all over England Scotland and Wales. We love staying in Guest Houses & B&Bs over hotels as we find it's a better value and you get to mingle more with the locals. We love the Scottish Borders . We've been staying at Binniemyre every year going back to 1994, so that's 18 years straight. I have several copies of the AA (Automobile Association) guide for Guest Houses and B&Bs. Binniemyre received the prestigeous 4Q award (QQQQ) in every edition of the book I own. The rooms are very nice (some are huge!) very clean, comfortable and the beds are great. The owners, Bill & Carol and their staff, are very friendly and warm. The breakfast is awesome and great value for the money. Continental breakfast is included in room rate but one can opt for a full Scottish breakfast which is superb. As a matter of fact, the owners don't know it, but this is the only place I eat black pudding. Most Americans don't like it but the staff here knows how to make it!!

The house is huge & beautiful. The grounds are very well kept and mannicured. There is a very nice trelous (sp) that always has very nice flowers in hanging baskets. The location is great, right on the A7 on the southern end of Galashiels. But, without much traffic noise as there is foliage to block traffic sounds.

We have recommended Binniemyre to many of our friends, both British & American, and they have all had very good experiences when they've stayed there. We can highly recommend Binniemyre Guest House.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
BinniemyreGuestHouse, Owner at Binniemyre Guest House, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us a reviw after your recent stay with us. Glad everything was ok and look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards from the team Carol,Caroline, Amanda, Pete, Simon, and Bill.

Carol and Bill
Milton Keynes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Let me be frank, I have no preconceptions of what a guest house should be, I expect very little.

However for me to even add this note is a message to anyone that may read it, I really hope the owner does

I have been to a very many guest houses accross the country,

The Building is beautiful. The grounds are neglected.

The reception is dirty. If you actually see staff / owners, let me know, all we had was a key and a post it note and a dog barking ( upset as was left to show life exists )
The room, have you heard of a hoover?
The kettle and tea/coffee would be great if we didnt have a half bootle of unsealed water to fill it with
Thanks for that. Only sealed bottled water should be consumed ( how do we know this is safe to drink ?)

Maybe if the wall paper wasn't falling off the walls and a creamy nicotine tinge
Maybe if the room didn't stink of cigerettes
Maybe Air the room
Maybe put the quilt and pillowcases inside the appropriate purpose
Maybe Dust it
Maybe Paint it
Maybe the dirty sheets with some kind of muck all over them could be addressed
Maybe the holes in the sheets. Or is this a string vest I am in Scotland?
Maybe if its not ensuite you could allow residents to have thier own towells
Maybe clean the toilets there is a back to the pan

IS THIS A HOSTAL

MAYBE

Also, it says B&B

BUT after all that you have to PAY for breakfast, Jokers great website nothing mentioned

Continental ( add a swearword to the middle )

The owner will happily collect you money before you leave

Thankyou

No Thanks

My honesty here can not be denied, check all my posts and feedback

Galashiels now knows of the lovely house on the hill, that sends shivers into a crowd of hard working people looking for a clean night before indulging in thier personal passions.

Whatever they may be

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BinniemyreGuestHouse, Owner at Binniemyre Guest House, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you Heinrich and Family for all your lovely comments. Pleasure talking to you all in the morning. We have passed your comments on to our team. We do hope that you visit us next time you are in Scotland.

Warm regards,

Carol and Bill

Been to Binniemyre Guest House? Share your experiences!