I have returned from staying six nights in the Hawthornbank. This was one of my best vacations. The Trip Advisor reviews led to high expectations, and everything was more than hoped for. Room 8 gave a view of the harbor through roof windows; a window in the back showed the bowling green. Room size was fine, and there were two comfortable chairs in addition to the bed. Breakfast selections were more and better than could be reasonably expected. (If you don’t like bangers, eat bacon or smoked salmon and eggs.) Morven is the perfect hostess. Precise control of the shower temperature was unexpected. Bonus extra: a wash cloth (face flannel) was provided without my asking. Perhaps the only useful thing I can add to the previous praise is how to reach the place on foot: From George Street (the main road away from the water), take Nursery Lane (next to Taj Mahal restaurant) up the hill for a short block. Turn right at the first opportunity, up a pedestrian path. At the end of the metal railing, take the first left up another walkway. The doorway to the guest house is marked, on your right. (It is easy.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthornbank Guest House is a delightful Victorian villa built in 1873. It is pleasantly situated in a slightly elevated position, close to Oban town centre yet in a quiet residential setting. There is off street parking and a footpath leads from the front garden towards the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hawthornbank Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthornbank Guest House Hotel Oban
- Hawthornbank Guest House Oban, Scotland