Somehow managed to book a seaview room for our last-minute trip to Oban to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather at the end of March. We were so glad to have found The Old Manse - the room was very clean and comfortable with a gorgeous view of the harbor, Anna and Simon were lovely and made us feel very much at home, and the breakfast was delicious (we'd decided to consume as much fish as possible during our visit to Oban, and so I ordered the scrambled eggs with smoked haddock, and I'm so glad I did!). The location was perfect - an easy walk to town but high enough on the hill to give a nice view of the water. Anna and Simon were very helpful with their suggestions for lunch and diner locations, which came in very handy as we hadn't had time to do much research on Oban ahead of time.
Hope to come back when we have time to stay longer and enjoy a glass of wine in the lovely garden! And Simon and Anna, don't forget to let us know if you decide to open a guesthouse in Hawaii! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fine victorian villa in its own beautiful grounds which has been lovingly restored to provide first class bed and breakfast accomodation. Stunning sea views, peaceful gardens and only 2 minutes from town.Off road parking for all. Free Wi-fi. Freshly cooked breakfast from a varied menu from porridge and pancakes to fish and full Scottish; we are happy to cater for all diets. Nothing is too much trouble to help you enjoy a relaxing break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Old Manse Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Manse Guest House Hotel Oban
- The Old Manse Guest House Oban, Scotland