On our drive from Ayr to Inverness, we enjoyed a two-night stay at Kilchrenan House, a charming Victorian overlooking the esplanade. Colin and Frances made us feel right at home, offering ideas of what to do and where to eat in Oban and a welcoming dram of whiskey in the front parlor each evening. Room 6 was furnished in a contemporary style with two windows, front and side, offering views of the harbor channel and neighboring islands. The modern en suite bathroom contained shower but no tub, fine with us although the two steps down to bathroom might be of concern for some. Breakfast was plentiful with hot and cold choices, and the staff very attentive. Would definitely stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colin and Frances welcome all visitors to their elegant Victorian home combining modern comfort with a relaxing atmosphere. Extensive breakfast menu. Spacious rooms, most with sea views and all en-suite. A real home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kilchrenan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilchrenan House Hotel Oban
- Kilchrenan House Oban, Scotland