“Wonderfull stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sgeir Mhaol Guest House

Sgeir Mhaol Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Sgeir Mhaol Guest House
Soroba Road, Oban PA34 4JF, Scotland   |
Ranked #69 of 99 Oban B&B and Inns
Kesteren, Gelderland, Netherlands
“Wonderfull stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

During out road trip through scotland we came across this B&B in Oban. We were very lucky to find it, as everything else was full! Lovely room, en-suite with a fairly spacious toilet and shower. Cozy lounge and a good breakfast room. Breakfast itself was very good, freshly good and a wide range of choice.
Very close to the city centre, only a few minutes by food. Supermarket around the corner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have stayed here on more than one occasion, and it is the only place I'll stay in Oban. The owner is so helpful and friendly and she does the best breakfast. The rooms are extremely comfortable with everything you need in them. Even the twin shared bathroom is clean & suitable for all needs. Id recommend this B n B to anyone visiting Oban. Thanks Ishbell for being such a great host.

Room Tip: No 4 is my fave room <3
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed at Sgeirmhoal for almost 2 weeks whilst on a nursing placement and was treated like a long lost family member !
Ishbell and James couldn't have been kinder or more accommodating, attending to my every whim......! I switched about rooms a wee bit as I was back at my own home in Paisley each weekend, but I had the opportunity to sample a variety of rooms. Each and every one was lovely, fresh and all smelt lovely ! The decor and furnishings were modern, contemporary and cosy with jubbly comfy beds.
Breakfast in the bright sunny dining room was a joy in the morning.
If you want clean, comfy, great friendly service Sgeirmhoal is THE place to stay !!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally comfy and cosy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Sgeir Mhaol Guest House, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thankyou so much for your overwhelmingly kind review of Sgiermhaol.
What you have said is what we want all of our guest to experience when staying with us whether its on holiday or business.
I want all our guest to have enjoyed their stay,
Again thankyou for your review Alison I very much appreciate your kindess, as I did your chocolates!!!!
Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was a nice stay, Ishbell was very kind. Altough our bedroom was small for two people and the lugagge, but the rest was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
obaniteOban, Owner at Sgeir Mhaol Guest House, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thanks for you lovely review,always appreciated by myself and Jamie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time staying here and yet again we were made very welcome. Ishbell and James are such lovely and welcoming people, the bedrooms are very comfortable and spotlessly clean, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Thanks weemoffat for your lovely review,
As you can see from a review posted after your stay not all guests feel the same sadly.
See you at Sgeirmhaol again soon
Thanks again it makes it all worth while,
kind regards,
Ishbell
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Not the first time my Husband & i have stayed at this guest house. Stayed friday 25th May & the place was spotless as always. Lovely breakfast & the owners are always very accommodating. Dont understand where the previous review comment comes from as never in all the times we have stayed there have we found it being dirty anywhere especially the toilets & shower area. Whenever we have to stay a night in Oban we always stay here because of the warm welcome we receive from the owner Ishbell & the cleaniness of the rooms & have recommended it to all our friends.
Susan Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanyou for you wonderful review,
it is very much appreciated,
kind regards,
Ishbell
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I can not give 4 or five stars to this B&B because I found the toilet and the washbasin quite dirty and full of hairs, that never happened to me before in a B&B, but I have to admit that the rest of the facilities were great, the dining room, the living room and the bed (really comfortable).
The owners were very friendly as well.
I expected more but it's ok for the money you pay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sgeir Mhaol Guest House? Share your experiences!