“one of my favourite restaraunts :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 72 restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view
Oban, United Kingdom
“one of my favourite restaraunts :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

great food, menu never changes but i like it. pasta is always delicious, pizza is great. they offer gluten free pizza and pasta which is fantastic although is not always available. great wine choice, takeaway available, staff are friendly and helpful. well priced

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear reviewer
Thank you for your precise, straightforward , kind words.
As you are aware over the winter our "Beat the Clock" initiative offers excellent value to all our Autumn and winter guests.
The menu, granted, has not evolved greatly since we have been here but at present we are endeavouring to expand , explore and include other dishes on our menu.
The only upside I hope for our regular guests is excellent consistency on the dishes we provide at present.
I hope that we will have changed our menu a little if not a lot on your next visit.

76% Recommend
  • Polish first
“Phenomenal pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Was in Oban recently visiting family and was recommended this restaurant and I wasn't disappointed. I'm not a big fan of pizza but the pizza I had was phenomenal, cooked perfectly. The restaurant has great views on a cold winters day. Service was also top class. I will definetly be visiting my family in Oban more often.

Dear reviewer
Thank you so very much for your review.
We continually endeavour to deliver an excellent product matched with service.
I am delighted on this occasion we managed to fulfil your expectations on both counts.
The Piazza team very much look forward to welcoming you and your family should you decide to return .
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

On a coach trip to Scotland, last week, we spent a couple of hours in Oban around lunch time.
The bright colourful exterior and offers of a lunch special took us into this restaurant.. At a table overlooking the sea, we enjoyed an excellent panini, which we followed with a huge portion of tirimisu - a dessert worth travelling to Oban for. Friendly staff completed an excellent lunch.
Highly Recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear reviewer
Thank you so much for your great review.
It is a real pleasure for us when a guest reviews us with such high praise .I have shared your sentiment with the rest of our team and they are also delighted.
I hope if you ever decide to return we will deliver a similar high standard of service.
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Great Tiramisu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were attracted from a distance by the red and white colour scheme and I'm glad we were.
There were 4 of us for lunch, there is quite a comprehensive lunch menu.
The front of house staff were very pleasant and nicely dressed.
The restaurant is very bright and clean and is nicely situated on the harbour wall.
The food was nicely presented and was hot and tasty.
The pièce de résistance was the Tiramisu.
A satisfying lunch of flavoursome food

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear reviewer
Thank you for for your kind words! Thankfully our restaurant is very distinctive with its bright red roofs located immediately on the water. Might even be the best location for a restaurant in Oban.
The tiramisu is based on an Aldo Zilli recipe and is very simple to prepare and we are delighted that was the pinnacle of your lunch .
I hope if you decide to return , we can deliver a similar experience .
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

visited this restaurant by accident when we went in to avoid a downpour. Restaurant was warm and welcoming and although very busy, staff moved tables to allow us and a single diner to have tables on our own. Food was very good and staff were attentive and friendly. Atmosphere was buzzing and we enjoyed our evening immensely. I had a pizza with various changes to toppings, no problem and it was cooked as well as any pizza I have previously tried. We were at a window seat on the front and had lovley views over the harbour at night. watching the ferries come and go was a nice distraction. All in all I would not hesitate in recomending this restaurant to anyone.

Piazza r, Owner at Piazza, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear guest
Thank you so very much for your great review and kind words.
I have taken the liberty to have this printed and it is displayed for all our team to see.
My footnote reads "Well done guys ! This is exactly the review I want us to aspire to continually"
I hope that if you ever decide to return you will have a similar experience.
Sometimes my rain dance pays off !
Kind regards