“Lovely, homely b&b in Inveraray” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Claonairigh House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inveraray
Claonairigh House
You added Claonairigh House to your Saves list
Bridge of Douglas, Inveraray PA32 8XT, Scotland   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Inveraray B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely, homely b&b in Inveraray”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed as a group of 5 documentary film-makers. Fiona was very welcoming and could not do enough for us. Bedrooms were traditionally furnished and very comfortable, and shower had good pressure. Breakfast was fantastic, freshly cooked to order with lovely fresh coffee. Our director liked the house so much we decided to include it in our script and shoot some scenes here :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
It was lovely to meet you all too and very exciting to be part of the filming. If I remember rightly the weather was glorious too?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We travel around Scotland this summer on the Scottish Citylink train and bus pass. Claonairigh House is a bit off town but Fiona, the house owner, was willing to collect us from bus station. Not a regular service but we were lucky to meet on her way back from grocery shopping.

We have a twin room on the roof floor – small but have a view to wide open space and beautiful flowers. The room makes me feel like a secret apace for hide and seek games.

The family has run a bed and breakfast close to 20 years. I kind of like Fiona’s description that her son and daughter are B&B children. Her daughter makes welcome biscuits for guests. Fiona is very relaxed with guests and thus making we feel very relaxed staying in her house.
After checking us in, Fiona returns to housework – washing and ironing clothes, listening to radio.

Fiona spends much of her time sharing guest’s stories in Claonairigh House facebook. I became their fan and enjoy very much reading many lovely stories told by the house owner. Love the house, love the host – they are perfect yet different.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review…it is very much appreciated and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I love that you stay in touch through the facebook page.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This quaint and cosy B&B tucked away in an undisturbed corner about a 5 minute drive away from the Inveraray town centre is the epitome of a rustic family home. Careful and thoughtful detail went into decorating the house and the themed rooms. The two twin rooms my family and I occupied were clean and comfy with well-maintained amenities (no complaints at all about the water pressure or temperature of the shower).

But I think the most pivotal factor that sets this B&B aside from others, is its marvellous hostess and her charming family. Fiona was the perfect hostess; offering my family and I hot tea and biscuits the moment we arrived (which certainly cheered us up after driving all the way from Edinburgh in the inclement weather); breakfast the next morning was exquisite - a delicious and generous spread and open offers for second-helpings.

The pastoral experience is completed by the vast amount of space and greenery surrounding the house and the farm animals present (a pig and a horse and 2 of the most charming border collies).

My family and I were completely satisfied with our stay at Calonairigh and were sorry that we didn't spend more time there. I cannot begin to shower enough praises on this B&B - it's genuinely the very best B&B my family and I have ever stayed in and I will definitely be back here some day to relive my beautiful experience.

High recommended and worth every penny; so do not hesistate to stay at this marvelous B&B.

(Stayed with family, July 2013)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate the time taken to post it...I remember you and your family well from your visit earlier in the year and enjoyed talking to you all, please remember me to your Mother! it is always a pleasure to share our home with our lovely guests!
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Wonderful, quiet, 18th Century home close to Inverary and the Inverary Castle updated with modern conveniencies though you need to be careful if over 6 feet tall in the twin bed rooms in the attic where we stayed. Breakfast was wonderful. The beds were comfortable and the shower temperature and pressure very good. The remains of the wollen mill on the property are interesting and there are places to hike. The owners are great hosts seeing to the comfort of their guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks very much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it was really nice to meet your family and please remember me to your cousin. We had some good chats!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our three nights at Claonairigh were excellent. Lovely house, setting and family - even got a welcome from the dogs which was cemented by a few thrown sticks over the weekend!

Room was lovely, food was great and Claonairigh contributed to an excellent short break for us, even with the inclement weather.

Definitely booking again for in time for next year's BoWfest

Room Tip: The double with the four poster was excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much for your review Klingon2me (you will have to fill me in on the reasons for that user name next year!). It was such a pleasure to meet you both, we have only the best guests here! I am so pleased that you rose above the weather so to speak and enjoyed those Red Hot Chilli Pipers!
milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A perfect Scottish stay: romantic, characterful rooms and furniture, welcoming host, good breakfast, tranquille country setting - couldn't ask for more. We loved it! A short drive from Inverary (5 minutes) .... despite the Inverary castle being very interesting, this B&B itself might be worthy of a stay in this village.

Room Tip: there's a lovely four poster bed in one of the rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
What lovely guests we have! Thank you for your review, it was so lovely to meet you and your family and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Allschwil, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 3 days at Claonairigh. It's a cottage, 4 minutes outside Inveraray, off the road. It's very calm here. The house is lovely as well as the rooms. You can feel the presence of your hosts which have been wunderful (great breakfast; help, tips and answer for any questions). A walk in the surrounding or behind the Castle is to be recommanded. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
fmcArgyll, Owner at Claonairigh House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you Armand for taking the time to leave a review....It was lovely to meet you and your wife and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Been to Claonairigh House? Share your experiences!