“Definitely worth a visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Brambles Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   5 Main Street West, Inveraray PA32 8TU, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Inveraray B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Definitely worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stumbled across this little B&B by accident when we had lunch in the downstairs bistro. A last minute decision to spend the night led us to Room 3.

As soon as we were shown the room, our reaction was "wow". Especially loved the comfy big sleigh bed, huge bathroom and original bath, and loose leaf tea! There weren't many toiletries in the bathroom, just a shampoo and a moisturiser, it would have been nice to have some conditioner and also bubbles for the lovely bath. There was a cute little handmade soap though.

At the time we thought one thing that would've made the room perfect would be an open fireplace, but it turns out one of the other rooms has one so we'll have to try it next time!

Some inconsiderate guests in another room decided to smoke the night we were staying so we had to plug the door with towels to lessen the smell! We were assured by the staff the next morning that the whole property is non smoking so hopefully this doesn't occur regularly.

The staff were all so helpful and friendly. It really makes a difference, so well done them :) Breakfast was fab, great choice of cooked items.

Would definitely come back, and will recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Upon first arrival I was shocked!!!! The room was spectacular!!! I could believe the room was only £50 B&B!! The room was very large, and a fantastic bathroom - the bathroom alone was bigger than the average room you might expect to get at an average guest house. All the furnishings were great and it was obvious the owner has put a lot of care and attention into the rooms.

The only downside a tourist may encounter is the lack of a view? i was here on business and live in Glencoe so it wasn't really a problem for me.

I will always stay at the Brambles Guest House on future business trips and will recommend to others.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This really is a little gem, I travel a lot on business and finding places like this makes it much so much easier to be away from home. My room was spacious with nice furniture that gave it a homely feel . Lovely comfy king size bed, great shower and bath in fact everything you need when staying away. Great food across the road at the George.
Highly recommended !!!

Ayr, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Lovely room, great location, friendly hosts, tasty breakfast. Thoroughly recommend, plus handy for The George, the co-op and walks. Up to the monument from the front door took an hour. Good evening meals at The George, 30 yards away. Parking free in the winter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed overnight at the Brambles in 2012 on route to Islay and had a most pleasant stay. Our room was large, modern and clean (a little chilly perhaps, but what do you expect from Scotland in winter!). We had to leave very early and were expecting to miss breakfast, but our host insisted he would cook us whatever we wanted at 6am the next morning. After a great night's sleep, we enjoyed a delicious, cooked breakfast which set us up for the journey ahead!

Would definitely recommend this cosy B&B to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Brambles is a tea room/bistro with four bedrooms upstairs (rooms 1&2 on the first floor*, 3&4 on the second floor**). After the tea room closes (at around 4pm in Winter) you have the place to yourself.
It's obviously a fairly old building so you'll find a few creaky floors, but the actual decor of the place is modern and rather nice. It's miles ahead of most hotels. I consider myself a bit of a hotel snob because I travel a lot for a living, and I'd rather be in a room like that than any hilton/marriott in London.

My financee and I stayed just for one night in room 4, because of some planning we were doing in the area. I'd happily stay again (and indeed might just do that as we plan to go back to the area later in the year).

I read some comments from a previous reviewer about being in one of the lower rooms and feeling like there was a lot of noise from above - I cannot comment on that as we were on the top floor. Noise wasn't a problem for us at all.

**for North American types, we call the floor at ground level the ground floor in the UK, I understand you don't.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, take room 3 or 4 as they are on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here whilst working locally and have booked again for next week , really nice people , some people on here moaning about heating I had to keep turning it down as it was loveley and warm the rooms are large and clean with very good bathrooms , the beds are really good felt like i could sleep for months . Finally breakfast the eggs Benedict I could eat every day they really were good all in all amazing value and quality.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 and loved it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Brambles Guest House? Share your experiences!