This beautiful old house has been brought back to life. Just across the road from Campbeltown Loch, there are lovely views and nice rocky beach walks, with or without the resident dog. The lounge and dining room are very nicely decorated, and the stained-glass stairwell is amazing. There are lots of books and sightseeing ideas available. The bedroom and bath were small and not particularly exciting, but were clean and well equipped. We stayed on a fall package that included a 3-course dinner along with B & B, and our dinners were exceptional! Appetizers included fresh scallops and langoustine lobster. The Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert should not be missed! The hosts were great about calling for golf reservations. We loved staying here!
- Also Known As:
- Craigard Hotel Campbeltown
- Craigard House Hotel Campbeltown, Argyll And Bute
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing 1882 Italianate Mansion overlooking Campbeltown Loch on the peaceful and beautiful Kintyre Peninsula. Stunning scenery, wildlife, quiet roads and beaches - and 13 comfortable rooms to come home to, all with bath, shower,huge fluffy towels, Neutrogena toiletries, bathrobes, Free WiFi and satellite TV. Enjoy the informal and intimate atmosphere of the Lochside Restaurant with lovely sea views and wonderful food. We specialise in local seafood, shellfish, meat, produce and game - as well as a comprehensive and welcoming Wine and Malt Whisky list. Classic Links Golf at Machrihanish GC, Machrihanish Dunes and Dunaverty await you. Lori and Roger look forward to welcoming you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Craigard House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.