The dining kitchen
The master bedroom with kingsize bed
The twin bedroom

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

SollyScot...
Scotland
“Charming, well appointed house full of character in quiet location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

This rental was booked for me by my employers when I had to work in Forfar for a few days. I was so sorry I was not on holiday when I saw the accomodation. The owners have really put a lot of thought into catering for every need. Sharon, the owner,opened the house up for me and waited to show me around even though I was late in arriving. A log fire was burning in the hearth and added to the charm of the livingroom although the central heating system was up to the minute and kept me cosy during my stay. The accomodation is arranged over three floors, with every modern convenience yet still managing to retain the charm of a period house. The bedroom was cosy and the bed comfortable with spotlessly clean cotten bed linen. The kitchen had everything a family could want for self catering, including condiments and non perishable foodstuffs. The roll top bath and shower were great and the bathroom spotless. The cobblestone Street outside gave one the feeling of olde-world privavcy, yet the main street with shops and all amenities were just a minute's walk away. I brought colleagues to the house at lunch time so we could discuss our work in privacy and comfort. All in all, the accomodation made what could have been a stressful work occasion into a comfortable and enjoyable week. If I were to return I could not think of anywhere better to stay in the area.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Privacy, comfort, warmth and location
Liked least: I did not use the internet so cannot comment on that. I had problems in part of the house with getting a phone signal but that was easily overcome by tearing myself away from the log fire!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
fath52
edinburgh
“Fantastic house, fantastic owners !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

This property is fabulous and fully equipped and warm. The whole house is immaculately kept and presented. When we arrived we were given a tour of the property by the owner, and shown how to work the heating, dishwasher, and coal fire. We were given fresh milk, bread, butter, tea and coffee, and some logs for the fire on arrival. The house has everything you could possibly need for your holiday, and more!. The whole place is luxury, especially the king size bed, and all the beds are made up ready for your stay. There were plenty of spare towels, and bedding if we needed it. We have already booked our next stay here.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The house and the owner
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
John B
Dunbartonshire
“The place to stay in Angus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

owner was most helpful on our arrival,
the property was in first class shape,and the location couldn't have been better,
if you require a base to play golf,go walking,visit other places in Angus,look no futher,
the local people who pass along the PEND,and the local shops and pubs help make for a great experience.

Liked best: the space
Liked least: had to leave
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Check in
Check out
Guests
Rates have not been provided for this property. Please contact the owner/manager for total price.
Owner
sharon k
Speaks English
Listed since : Jul 2012
Response Rate: 30 %
Response Time: Within two days
Calendar Updated: 21 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing