“Fabulous from start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast

You added Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Off Lour Road | Balmashanner House, Forfar DD8 2LE, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Forfar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fabulous from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

From the moment I pulled up at Balmashanner b&b I was provided with a warm welcome, superb hospitality and a most pleasant and enjoyable stay. Robert, one of the proprietors took my bag to my room and asked me what I would like for my breakfast in the morning, accommodated every aspect superbly.. Items they were unsure if they have available they provided an alternative much to my satisfaction. Whatever time I requested, Robert was there bang on the minute to serve breakfast to the lovely little table in my room. Their standard of cleanliness is extremely high. Every inch of the room gleaming with cleanliness. Lovely decor and everything I could wish for in the room. Even to the point of turning my electric blanket on for me when coming back in the evening after work. I can't compliment them enough they really know what they are about and how to make guests feel welcome. You have a superb establishment and I wouldn't even hesitate to reccomend you 100% and I will be back should work take me back to Forfar. Lovely rural location and a beautiful home. Thank you once again :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last year for on night, it was so peaceful and lovely, the room was beautiful having breakfast in our bay window was just perfect, and the service was fantastic, it very remote but this is part of its charm. we got a taxi from kirrimuir and it was only 20

• Stayed October 2011
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very friendly and warm atmosphere, faultless for the value. We live close to an airport so the peace and tranquility of the Balmashannar was absolutely lovely. We stayed one night as we were attending a wedding at nearby Kinettles House / Castle so would definately recommend this one if you're doing likewise. Breakfast is served in your room overlooking the beautiful local countryside with a brief explanation of the local history. Scrambled eggs were better than any 5* chain hotel so well done all round.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the building to appreciate the view over breakfast
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

great service lovely people good food, very good stay.felt very looked after and would stay again..very good selection for breakfast and cooked very well.hopefully i will be back next month.hopefully,and will tell all my freinds about this place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Powick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had a quick one night stay and found the place to be just what I needed. Not in the middle of town, but close enought that I drove in two minutes. If I am ever up there again I will stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at Balmashanner...Peter and Marie were very welcoming and hospitable..
Peter gave us a talk about the area.... Beautiful location with fabulous views...

Bedrooms (we had the single - Glamis and large double - Lour) were very comfortable and very clean...we had our breakfast in our room, sitting by the window looking out onto the beautiful scenery...what a start to the day...makes a change not to have to rush downstairs to the dining room and stand in line for food that has been kept warm...

We had the full Scottish breakfast...amazing...all local produce and excellently prepared by
Marie...will give her 5* 's...

Many thanks Peter and Marie for a lovely 2 nights in your beautiful home...
Dianne,Doreen and Judy. (4-6 July 2012)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Banchory
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I needed somewhere to stay overnight while on business. Marie & Vikki were most helpful and welcoming even though booking was last minute. Lovely room and tasty breakfast. Only downside - no en-suite. Bathroom is lovely but had to be shared.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!