“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast

You added Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Off Lour Road | Balmashanner House, Forfar DD8 2LE, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Forfar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Forfar, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed in the Balmashanner b&b while i was working away from home, my stay was just short of a month and i didnt want to leave! Rob and Marie were very friendly and catered for my every need. I opted for an evening meal rather than breakfast as im up early everyday and I was NOT dissapointed. the food was lovely, home made and very varied, I never had the same meal twice! I'm hoping to back up here soon for another job and i will booking straight back up! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

well whats to say spot on b and b with in walking distance of town but you are on top of the hill agreat location bed really cosy and no noisy neighbours got a warm welcome on arrival followed by real mcoy home cooking which was great worked all over country this b and b is hard to beat really enjoyed my stay and will be recomendit to fellow travelers

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
uglybuffy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My fiance is currently working in Kirriemuir so is staying in the Strathmore room on a long term basis. I have visited him 3 times and always had a warm welcome, even for my boisterous bulldog who comes with me. Breakfast was lovely and the loan of a bathrobe was much appreciated. Great walks in the surrounding area. Recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was hoping to book accommodation for some friends visiting and wanted to book all rooms for 2 nights. I phoned and was told they were all available for my dates. I asked if I could see a room and was told they were all occupied. As I live locally I asked them to call me when a room was available for me to see. "We don't do that!" was the reply.
I asked "don't you want my business?" They said "no we don't need it"

(The customer is usually wrong!)

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Peebles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We loved the country style building and interiours. The owners are very friendly and the service is excellent. Good wholesome breakfast. We would go back there anytime and highly recommend a stay there.

Room Tip: The Lour room is a very spacious, comfortable room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Largs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

What a great find, totally fab B&B, secluded and quiet, but a hop and a skip from town, perfect as I was on a business trip.
A fantastic warm welcome, even the electric blanket was on, joy of joys. Breakfast was awesome, freshly cooked to perfection and served in my room.

This wonderful B&B is now on my radar and have already booked for my next business trip.
Amanda.

Room Tip: If you require an evening meal make your request when booking your room/s
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. Very comfortable, clean and welcoming. Highly recomend a stay here and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!