“Bad management and poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
“Bad management and poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Waited for five minutes to get seated and when the manager finally came to seat us he was so rude and lacks proper communication skills. when we went to pay our bill , the cashier was rude and arrogant. I wouldn't advice anybody to go there. it needs an overhaul of staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Going to the dogs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been many times to Jimmy chungs at the beach what used to be a very good buffet is now very disappointingas it is mundane and tasteless .the starters which used to be very good and my favourite part of the meal are bland to taste.As for the soups well I cant find words to describe them all the main dishes taste the same ,the only good part of the meal was the apple crumble as for the staff it appears that they have taken a vow of silence as not one spoke not even the women behind the bar when we went to pay our bill it will have to improve before we venture back

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Eat what you can”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

There is lots of food and it is very reasonably priced. The buffet concept always leaves you feeling bloated afterwards. Shame the quality of the food did not match the quantity.

Visited April 2013
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been visiting Jimmy Chungs a lot over the years, but recently realised that I don't really ever enjoy it as much as I used to.

The all you can eat buffet is good value, and there is always a big selection, but I think the quality of food as really gone downhill the last year or so.

It was never top notch food, but was always nice enough, but recently I have just found it to be really substandard.

It's only a good value buffet if you enjoy the food you can't eat as much as you like of.

The staff are always fine and attentive, and it's a good choice if you have kids because its quite relaxed (and cheap), but otherwise it's not up to much.

Can't see myself returning any time soon, which is a shame for something I used to telly enjoy.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
aberdeen
“Overpriced bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited on a Saturday early evening and therefore had to pay a premium price for the experience. The starters I tried from the buffet display were good but all the main dishes were a disappointment. They lacked any real taste and looked very uninviting as meat or vegetables almost hidden among what appeared to be glutinous tasteless sauces. What I overheard from the group sitting in the adjoining table was that they were of exactly the same opinion, decent starters but very poor main dishes. Given the price and the fact that the quality of food was poor and tasteless I would not recommend a visit. The service is very quick, we weren't even seated and they were taking our drinks order, little consolation for what was on offer on the main buffet.

• Visited March 2013