“What other chain restaurants should aim for.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 490 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“What other chain restaurants should aim for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in on a quiet afternoon before payday. Which was good for us as service was quick and friendly and the food was good value and tasty. We opted for the fixed price lunch menu and we still struggled to choose. If had been on regular menu would have spent a fortune as would have ordered too much. The food arrived looking authentic,hot and tasted good. Remembering that this is a chain it did exceed my expectations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“ok food but disappointing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

we visited on a friday evening on pay weekend, and the place was rather quiet. i was the first out of a party of 6 to arrive. i was greeted by a pleasant waitress, however once she had seated me she failed to offer me a drink and i had to wait a while for her to do so. i ordered a strawberry mojito, which wasnt on the menu but they agreed to make for me. when it arrived and it had no mint in it, i asked for some only to be told they had substituted it for the strawberry - ehm, thats a daiquri then. sounds picky, but i feel if they are to have a cocktail menu then the bar staff should understand mixology a bit better. wine and food selection was nice and the food came promptly. i was rather disappointed in my chicken dish which i was supposed to be sharing, as it contained only one small lump of chicken. my prawns and calamares were lovely though.
the part that ruined our evening was during the ordering of dessert. one of our party had gone to the toilet and therefore missed the dessert order. we felt this wasn't a problem and he went to the bar to ask for his to be added on. no problems there. Then, our original waitress came back and rudely stated to him that he "hadn't even been there" so thats why she hadn't taken his order. it was as if she was accusing him of complaining, which he wasn't at all. even so, if he had, this is poor customer service. I work in the restaurant business myself and would never speak to customers like that and if i did, my managers would discipline me. very disappointing. a 15% service charge was added to our bill but we only left 7.5% as we were disappointed with the service and the charge did not reflect it. again, i would not normally do this but the way the waitress spoke to my friend was embarrassing. a let down to an otherwise pleasant evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Italy
“Plain spanish restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A spanish restaurant in aberdeen. You can eat many types of
Tapas.I would recomend to have 2 or 3 tapas because the quantity
Is not so much.It is possible have paella but you have to wait at least 20 min. I had two kind of tapas
And tilical spanish ham for starter (very tasty). I had sangria also, I would reccomend it.I spent 22 pound, which is a reasonable price.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Tapa, lovely staff and lovely atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went here on our trip up to Aberdeen. We last went to a La Tasca on one of our first dates in Plymouth, loved it, and since then it has nostalgia value to us. And we love 'picky' food anyway.

Well firstly, what a great atmosphere!! You are just off Union Street but you feel like you've just stepped into Spain. Lovely lighting and Spanish music playing.

We ordered Sangria and it was lovely, sweet and in a kind of clay jug.

We ordered a cold meats, cheeses and olives starter. Lovely! We then ordered various tapas, including calamari, San Miguel fried fish, chorizo and mushrooms and they were so tasty and fresh.

Staff were lovely too.

So yes, definitely go here if you like Tapas. A really good experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good tapas, good staff, good place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Spent a few days in Aberdeen and went here twice. Staff were very good and made us feel very welcome. They went out of their way to cater to my vegan wife who had, twice, really good food. The atmosphere is not like a chain place (it is part of a chain) and overall it does good tapas at an OK price and has a feel good atmosphere. The assistant manager (Sarah?) was especially good. She took the time to chat and check all was OK despite being run off her feet. i will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food