“Relaxing and enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 97 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been to Inn at the Park for a meal twice in recent weeks. One visit was for a celebratory evening dinner, attended by 24 people. The other was for a family celebration lunch, attended by 6 people. I enjoyed both occasions.
The high spot of the dinner was the ability of the staff to serve many different main courses to 24 people within a period of about 4 minutes, and all of them piping hot. The choices were good: three starters, 5 mains, three puddings. Staff were able to answer all questions put to them. I felt well informed by the time I came to choose, and was very pleased with my choices.
The celebration lunch was on a Sunday, on which day one of the options is to choose the carvery. All four adults went for that option. Three meats on offer, all of them good quality, and a very good variety of vegetables. Again, all kept piping hot. Prices are reasonable, and represent good value. The eating area is pleasant and relaxing, and the staff are most friendly and obliging, We were in no hurry and for us the service was well paced. I find it a most relaxing environment, and came away knowing once again why this venue continues to be my first choice for a lunch time celebration. I felt that I had experienced a genuine birthday treat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Inverurie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for one night at the beginning of October. Family run hotel. Great atmosphere. We were in the top floor, decor was very out dated in our room however the other rooms that we saw was very nice. Good choice for breakfast. Great price. Would return.

Stayed October 2013
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice place been
Went for Affy tea
Only complaints were sandwiches had been sitting out for a wee while
No choice of filings
Lots of sandwiches and cakes offered refills tea and coffee so that was nice
Nice bubbly afternoon mid week bliss

• Stayed October 2013
Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Inn at the Park is a fairly convenient central meeting point for myself and three friends. On the Tuesday night we visited, the restaurant was about half full when we arrived to take up our reserved table.

Our drinks order was a coke, an Appletise and two fresh orange juices which arrived quickly along with menus. The menu is quite impressive, with definitely something for everyone, so it takes a wee while to make a decision, as lots of tempting options. We skip starters, preferring a main course and a dessert.

I loved the sound of the Honey Chilli Chicken, served with rice, and it was utterly delicious, and I know now that I would have the same again if I returned again today! One friend chose the Chicken Curry, which was presented beautifully with a dome of rice, two little Nann breads, and the curry in a balti-type dish, but it does make it a little difficult to eat when the curry dish takes up most of the plate. The other two ladies chose the Pork Medallions and they were served with a tasty creamy sauce, and crunchy saute potato cubes. Most main courses are around £11 or £12.

We all agreed we did not have room for Sticky Toffee Pudding, which is a usual favourite of our group, so two of us opted for the Banoffie Pavlova at £5.95, thinking it would be lighter, and the other pair decided to have the even lighter option of a Trio of Homemade Ice Creams at £4.95. Both of us with the pavlova struggled, as it was just massive, in fact off-puttingly so. I never agree with people who always argue that you should never complain about getting too much – I think portions size is important. However, us both leaving a third of our meringue and cream may have been indication enough to staff, without actually stating it as such. The ice-creams trios went down well – a ball each of banoffie, toffee fudge and a fruits of the forest one.

The atmosphere is nice in the restaurant, comfortable without being too posh, and the service was very good indeed, as our waiter seemed to be always on hand, so definitely a restaurant to be recommended.

With two Spree Vouchers taking just shy of £24 off the total bill, for two courses each and 4 soft drinks it came to £50.92, and we paid £14 each to include the tip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a good wee hotel, pretty close to the centre of Aberdeen (about 15 minutes walk to Union Street and 5 minutes to Union Plaza). Considering the demand the oil industry puts on hotels in Aberdeen, this place is very reasonable priced mid week and you can usually get a room when other places are full. I have stayed at this hotel a fair few times and the staff are always lovely and happy to help where they can. Breakfast offers a good selection and the staff are happy to cook whatever combination you feel like. I’m afraid can’t comment on the dinners though, as it has been several years since I have eaten in the restaurant.

Having said that, it should be noted that the stay can vary depending on the room and area of the hotel you are in. Some rooms are newly decorated with sleek new furniture and fully fitted bathrooms, while others still have single beds, CRT televisions with badly tuned digi boxes, and shower cubicles. However, sometimes any bed in Aberdeen is a god send, and the nice location and friendly staff more than made up for any short comings in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Definitely come back here. Fab place and very homely and friendly. Great tasting food and well presented. I will come back as often as I can and hopefully soon
I did see a review which said it was not within walking distance to the city centre and was a ten minute drive ? ??? It took me (aged 61) 8 minutes to walk but besides, there's a bus stop right at the hotel entrance

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Held our parents' golden wedding celebratory lunch here. Food was great - huge helpings - and Angela and her team were very good, unobtrusive but helpful. Having a private dining room was nice, so that we could decorate it, and also take time over lunch and coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn at the Park? Share your experiences!