“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Dublin, Ireland
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed here last weekend. A suprise 50th birthday present for a friend.
The rooms were spacious, i had a twin to the front of the hotel. Street noise at night, so choose a room at the back if you are a poor sleeper, otherwise good size very clean and very comfortable beds.

Full cooked breakfast every morning (cereal and juices too) generous portions.
We ate in the hotel restaurant both friday and Sunday night........the food was gorgeous, very generous portions....we had to skip dessert last night :)

The staff were very courtious and prefessional at all times. The location was just off the main street (Union) very close to shops restaurants and bars.

I would stay here again and certainly recommend to anyone taking a trip to Aberdeen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thanks for posting review a on TripAdviser.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The Brentwood Hotel is nicely furbished throughout and although the bathrooms could be deemed unimaginative in their design they are still functional and have a very good standard of cleanliness. The car park is tight with limited spaces; parking a Ford Fiesta will be ok but bigger cars will take a bit of a wiggle when getting into that sought after last space! Fortunately there is street parking close by and it is not hard to find a space. The hotel has an excellent restaurant where friendly service accompanies hearty food. The breakfast is also good and although the cooked option is not served via a buffet it still is fairly generous. The hotel is close to Union Street and so very handy for getting around the town on foot. For Aberdeen this hotel is also pretty good value too. I'm not sure if there was wireless internet in the rooms but there is free internet access via a computer in reception. This hotel is not luxury or boutique but it is a very decent honest little place which does a very good job at providing comfortable accommodation and a good meal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thanks for your kind and honest words about the Hotel. We do free WIFI throughout the hotel as well as the guest computer in reception. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Lerwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have reviewed this hotel before and our most recent stay confirms all I have said about the hotel in the past, as good as ever. One area I would like to now highlight however is one I have not referred to as much in previous reviews and that is the Restaurant. We dine out fairly regularly in Aberdeen, and like to try new places, but we always end up saying that for quality, quantity and good value there is still no where to better The Brentwood. In that respect the Restaurant is no different to the rest of the Hotel, there is no where to better it. Well done to all the team and that is the key word here team a successful team that works hard together to make sure guests enjoy their stay and return as we do.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your kind words and posting a second review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the waiting staff. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Excellent hotel only minutes away from the city centre. Room was spacious and spotless, power shower, and a very comfortable bed. Slept soundly so didn't hear any outside noise. Breakfast good, waitressing staff friendly and approachable. Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thanks for your kind words and posting a review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the waiting staff. Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Fort William, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

After reading the previous reviews about parking and noise we were a bit apprehensive about staying here, but we need not have worried.

Trouble parking-it is in the City and parking is always at a premium.
Seagulls -it is a port .

We found the Staff very unobstruve and helpful.
The breakfast was very good and cleanliness in the Hotel was excellent

We will return again to stay

Colin Campbell

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to posting a review on TripAdvisor
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. The room was fairly small but was comfortable and had everything we needed.

The car park was a bit tight.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thanks for posting a review on TripAdviser. I will pass your comments to the staff.
Brora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Thanks to the comfortable bed, I slept like a log at the Brentwood Hotel despite the competing sounds of traffic from busy Crown Street and the seagulls. The other things I liked were its proximity to the centre of town and the fact the hotel was very clean plus the shower was powerful. The decor of the room was pretty dated from the old fashioned ceiling tiles to the overriding dark brown colour - brown, leather headboards; brown bed throw; brown curtains and brown lampshades. I didn't think our welcome was the best with the receptionist less than friendly and very unhelpful as far as parking was concerned. The hotel only has limited parking and there were no spaces left. I was curtly told it was my fault for arriving late and that I would have to park 'on the street.' But no parking was available on the street. No information was volunteered about nearby car parks and I had to drive round until I found one. However, to be fair, I did get into the hotel car park the following morning. Another problem was the Internet connection which kept cutting out. Again, when I asked about it, I was made to feel it was my problem as nobody else had complained. There was no offer to help me out with it. On the second time I complained, the receptionist said she would ask the manager - but nothing happened. I was under a deadline to complete some work and In the end I had to go and find an Internet connection elsewhere in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
RobertManager, General Manager at The Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

Every hotel in the centre of Aberdeen suffers from a degree of traffic noise, and from the noise of seagulls for a few months during their nesting season. I believe our location on Crown Street, coupled with our double glazing, means that the Brentwood is quieter than most other hotels which are less than 5 minutes’ walk from the town centre. Although close to many of the city’s night clubs and entertainment spots, Crown Street is not a busy through route in the evenings, and we hear little noise from week-end revellers.

As regards the décor in the hotel, all our bedrooms and public areas have been completely refurbished and upgraded since March 2009. We do not feel these are dated…people can view photos of some bedrooms on our website, and form their own opinions. All our rooms have been decorated in a similar style.

There is limited parking at the hotel… we have 66 bedrooms and 15 parking spaces. Again, this is no different to other city centre hotels. What is different is that we do not charge for residents parking in our car park; some other hotels do. Usually, it is possible to find on-street parking nearby, but there is a multi-storey car park in South College Street which is 5 minutes’ walk away. Our reception staff have been reminded to explain this to guests and to give them suitable directions as to how to get to this car park on the rare occasions that no on-street parking is available.

Our Wi-Fi access is supplied free of charge in all rooms, and we also have a p.c., with internet access and with print facilites, in the reception area for guests’ use. I regret that we cannot guarantee that our Wi-Fi access will function perfectly 24/7…. I do not know of any other hotel which does. It is checked several times daily, and we have experienced few problems with our system.

Been to The Brentwood Hotel? Share your experiences!