“Thoroughly enjoyed one night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Summerhill Court | Lang Stracht, Aberdeen AB15 6TW, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Perth, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyed one night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here just one night and my positive comments are admitedly helped by a very competitive rate gained through laterooms.com.

AS other reviewers have said, the surrounding area isn't the most attractive and car parking is shared with a public car park of a 1970s concrete shopping area but although it's not pretty, it is covered by CCTV and probably no less safe than anywhere else.

Room really was first class - a wee bit chilly one arrival, a tweak of the radiator had us cosy in no time. Decor was excellent with lots of wee extras provided by Best Western including toileteries, complimentery water, Mars Bar, muesli bar etc etc.

Beds exceptionally comfortable.

Dealt with four young staff during our brief stay and all four could not have been nicer and more friendly. Breakfast was excellent at just under £8 a person.

Would use again without hesitateion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear pauls_smith2

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

Thanks again.

Marc A Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Biggar, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Exterior not too impressive on a dreich,dismal winter evening.
Parking shared with local shops.
Staff very polite and welcoming.
Room very clean.
Lots of toiletries and biscuits, bottled water and juice.
Breakfast OK but cooked food was under heat lights and somewhat dry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Catherine F

Firstly I would like to thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay, I am happy you had a pleasant stay on your visit.

We are happy you found the hotel and the team accommodating during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please accept my apologies that breakfast was not up to the high standard we expect for our guests, this is certainly not the norm as we pride ourselves on an excellent breakfast service.

Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The location of the hotel is not promising, a fairly tatty precinct in Mastrick, not one of the greatest parts of Aberdeen. However, once inside, the rooms are well-equipped and bright, the service good. On arrival, we found that our standard room was not 100% ready, so the receptionist arranged a complimentary drink for us in the bar while another room was located. This proved to be a superior quality room at no extra cost - however, in future, I'd recommend the extra outlay as it seemed a much better room with useful microwave, fridge, kettle, sink etc.
We had booked the room 10 days in advance and the price was very reasonable - especially for Aberdeen!

Room Tip: The superior quality rooms have useful cooking facilities and offer a 'goody bag'.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear MarkW55

The surrounding area puts some of our guests off, though not entirely picturesque is well located for town and the airport.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Knowing Aberdeen well the hotel location is very near Mastrick which could be likened to the shabby end of Cyprus.

The car park is shared with the local 1970s tired looking shopping centre, the car was perfectly safe as the car park is monitored by CCTV.

The hotel is bright and modern looking with a very cheery chap on reception who knew his onions.

The room was well decorated and very clean the shower room had an abundance of toiletries. There was a welcome bag containing sweets and crisps and a fridge with milk fruit juice and water.

The only let down was the lack of tv signal I only discovered this in the morning after a great night sleep, the bed was magic and despite looking onto the main road, the Lang Stracht, it was peacefully quiet.

There is a Dobbies garden centre along the Lang Stracht on the right which offer two great breakfasts for £5.95.

Well done Best Western.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear myalfagt

Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel many years ago before it was Best Western and before it had had its makeover. It wasn't my first choice but I was booking at short notice and so, with a little trepidation, I took what was available. I need not have worried. From the welcome when I arrived to getting my bill on the morning of my departure, the experience was an overwhelmingly positive one. Five minutes after arriving in my room, I got a phone call from the lovely man on the front desk to ask if everything was OK in my room. Such a simple touch and yet it makes all the difference. The room was spacious with free wi-fi and a big desk to work at. There were all sorts of goodies in the room: bottled water, Kitkats, a Mars bar, a little tin of Stackers, and the rest. All the stuff in the loo had had a Best Western makeover as well. The bar of soap had a little slogan on it that said, "So good you are going to want to steal two of them!" Made me smile. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great - loads of choice and, once again, very friendly service. So, all in all, this stay completely changed my perspective. A pleasant change from some of the other hotels in Aberdeen where it seems to me they are so used to being full that they have stopped trying to look after their customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Ali-ballee-bee

Firstly I would like to thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay, I am happy you were pleasantly surprised on your visit.

So often people focus on the negatives and forget the positives from there stay, your review is one I will gladly share with the team as only through there hard work and determination are we able to acheive the higher standards we are working towards.

We have tried to focus from a guests point of view to assess what exactly would make a more enjoyable stay and I would like to think we are on the right track. Thank you once again for your positive comments and we hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this hotel not because of the price as this wasn’t a cheap room, but it would appear there are no cheap rooms in Aberdeen, I booked it hoping I could trust in the brand name best Weston. Unfortunately this didn’t turn out to be the case.

My heart sank as soon as I arrived in the car park, really not a nice area so bad that once I had unloaded my things from the car I promptly move it away from the hotel in fear it would get broken in to overnight. Once I had checked in it took me four journeys to my room until the finally worked (and no I didn’t put it near my mobile phone)

The hotel itself was highly disappointing and a bit run down looking, I read in the hotel blurb that this place had been renovated in 2004; I think it’s time for a new makeover. The rooms are small, cold and a little tatty; when I was booking the room I made a point of asking is there Wi-Fi? Is it free? And most importantly DOES IT WORK!? I was told yes it is free and yes it work… wrong the Wi-Fi was useless.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel at all. Overpriced £141 per night and it had the same feel as a travel lodge or Premier Inn (and I wouldn’t stay in either of them) my room was small and cold. The location is dire!

One good point. The bed was quite nice and I would have probably slept really well if it wasn’t so cold.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear ALTL1971

Firstly I would like to thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay, unfortunately rooms in Aberdeen mid week are very much in demand and as such are priced accordingly.

Unfortunately the car park is an area which is not overall welcoming which is not owned by the hotel but is a public car park, we are looking into ways to overcome this issue, our cctv system covers the area of the car park close to the rear of the building, but if you had these serious concerns there are alternative parking areas in the vicinity which the staff would have been happy to assist you with.

We are continually re-decorating the hotel bedrooms to keep them fresh and welcoming, which surprises me in that you felt the hotel required a makeover, more like a travelodge or premier inn. We offer clean comfortable pleasing accommodation for our guests, the heating has been temperamental over the past few weeks which has now been addressed and each room has more than adequate heating, please accept my sincere apologies this was not the case with your room.

Overall please accept our sincere apologies for what has not been a relaxing stay for yourself.
Westhill, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I moved from Madrid to Aberdeen last month and I decided to stay in this hotel because it had a kitchenette and that is what I needed. I was ok with my decision because of that, but I have to say that I expected a lot more. My main concern is that the surrounding areas are not the best in Aberdeen, I was advised not to go out at night by myself and even if I wanted there was no place to go. The service in the hotel was not the best, the level of cleanliness was not the best I´ve seen. The wifi was terrible, not reliable whatsoever. The only good points were the kitchenette and the fact that the bus stop was just outside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Irenelertora

Firstly I would like to thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay, additionally I am glad the kitchenette was useful during your stay.

Unfortunately the surrounding area is an area entirely outwith our control, the area is perfectly safe but we tend to advise guests where possible not to wander after dark more as a precaution for yourself.

I was very surprised to read that your were not happy with the cleanliness as each area is checked on numerous occasions daily by hotel management as the hotel must always look its best, along with each bedroom is checked every day to ensure the standards are being maintained.

As with the wifi this is an area we are trying to rectify, our system has been upgraded and we have had numerous issues with the system since, we are on track to have this resolved by out it department as soon as possible.

Please accept our sincere apologies for what has not been a relaxing stay for yourself.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites? Share your experiences!