I stayed here for 3 nights from 13th to 16th May while attending a conference at The University of Aberdeen. The building looks a bit dated from the outside but inside is well decorated and fine. Check-in was very easy and quick as there were 55 of us pre-booked. Reception staff came across as friendly and competent.
I was on the 3rd floor and took the lift up which was very quick and easy. The double room was the usual Premier Inn quallity with tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was clean and the shower was over the bath but with seperate controls to the bath which was good, no fiddling about pulling levers to get the shower to operate. Only comment I would make about using the shower is that the sides of the bath slope very quickly to the bottom and it's quite easy to slip while showering if you don't stay on the limited flat part of the bath. Soap and shampoo dispensers are fitted.
Breakfast was only partly self service, cereal, juice, toast, tea and coffee. You placed your main breakfast order with the waitress for the full English etc which was brought to your table. I didn't experience any delays getting this but at peak times expect a 10-15 minute wait for it to arrive when the hotel is full. Breakfast was always tasty and good.
The bar area is rather small and not designed to cater for large groups so be prepared to stand if you are in a large party. Service was reasonably quick but I only ever saw one member of staff behind the bar. During the week the bar closes at midnight, not sure about Friday and Saturday. So when placing your last order if you plan to sit and chat with colleagues order extra rounds before the bar closes.
Overall this hotel should suit most peoples needs, it also has underground parking which is free for guests but does get full at busy times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're in Aberdeen for business or pleasure, a stay at Premier Inn Hotel Aberdeen City Centre puts both on your doorstep. Conference venues like the University and the Exhibition and Conference Centre are within easy reach, as are all the sights and sounds of North East Scotland's most vibrant city. Spend the morning strolling the streets of Aberdeen and visiting the famous granite landmarks like the Town House. Don't miss the chance to get some serious shopping done too. Then why not have fish and chips strolling along the Esplanade. After lunch there's still plenty to do, with the Maritime Museum or the Arts Centre to explore. Then it's time to head home for mouth-watering food in our restaurant and a refreshing sleep in our comfy beds. Limited car parking available at an additional cost. Directions: From A90, follow A9013 into Aberdeen City Centre. Turn onto the A956 towards King Street and take the 1st left into Meal Market Street. Please note car parking is chargeable and limited at this hotel - please contact the hotel for further details. Transport and local information: Aberdeen Art Gallery The Maritime Museum Aberdeen Train Station 1 mile Aberdeen Airport 6 miles Aberdeen Ferry 0.5 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Aberdeen City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Travel Lodge Aberdeen
- Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Scotland