We had 2 connecting rooms for a family night away, and were pleased with what we found.
Check-in was swift and painless, and the rooms were nicer than travelodge, but similar.
After getting our parking ticket validated, we headed back into Aberdeen for an evening with friends.
We all slept quite well although the mattress was a bit springy for me, and the bathrooms were small but adequate. I don't recommend the coffee in the rooms, if you like coffee.
We found that the breakfast was good, and because of the room rate, and our party's ages, was also good value.
I had read a number of other reviews complaining that you have to go outside to get to the restaurant, but if that is all you have to complain about, you should get out more.
Breakfast was entertaining, but I did feel sorry for the waitress, as she seemed to have a lot to do. We had to prove that we had pre-paid for the meal, which I thought could have possibly been easier if reception had provided a list that morning. Still, I turned the car inside out, and found my receipt....
We ordered the full breakfast, and the only problem was that the food didn't match the menu. Why not amend the menu to match the ingrediants available? One of the group didn't like baked beans, and they are tricky to remove once they have been launched onto the plate. So we ate at different times!
The coffee was good (compared to the room coffee - see above) but you probably wont have a second cup or a refill.
Anyway, we thought it was a good meal overall, and would do it again. Only next time we might get away without the kids, and will go somewhere nicer!
Oh, one last thing: the TV seemed to have a few channels, but they didn't seem to use recognised channel numbers, and the remote didn't seem to exactly match the tv. All we wanted to watch was the olympics, and we found that ok. The serious channel-hoppers in the nxt room had more difficulties!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Speedbird Inn is one of the most popular hotels at Aberdeen Airport and is perfectly placed only 350m from the terminal building. The hotel lives up to its location too, with fantastic modern interiors that offer a warm welcome to any traveller! A winning combination of high standards and quality amenities that you would expect from a top airport hotel, as well as a customer focused and service driven approach towards our returning hotel guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Hotel Dyce
- Speedbird Hotel Cults
- Speedbird Inn, Aberdeen Airport Scotland