had a one night stay at the Thistle Altens as a birthday treat. From arrival it was a lovely experience - the check in desk receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful and the rest of the staff were mainly up to the same standard. The hotel is grey and unassuming from the outside but spacious, well decorated and looked after inside. The room was huge and very clean. Pool was small but all we needed for us and our small children. The evening meal was nice - not great but okay - this could have just been our choice not being what we thought it would be, didnt like the shredded soggy texture of the beef in main course and the Nasi Goreng had unusual accompaniments, but was all nice enough. We were in a corner in the restaurant away from most of the guests which was perfect with our sometimes rowdy kids! Breakfast was nice, lots of choice - hubby liked the sausages, a compliment indeed from a connoisseur! Would recommend and definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Aberdeen Altens Hotel Aberdeen
- Thistle Aberdeen Altens Hotel
- Thistle Hotel Aberdeen
- Thistle Aberdeen Altens Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Hotel Aberdeen Altens is one of the Granite City’s premier business venues and the largest hotel in Aberdeen with 216 bedrooms. Close to the centre, we have ample free on-site parking, 12 meeting rooms and our own Otium Health & Leisure Club.Totally Free Superfast Broadband!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Thistle Aberdeen Altens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.