“probably the best hotel in Aberdeen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marcliffe at Pitfodels

and 1 more site!
You added The Marcliffe at Pitfodels to your Saves list
The Marcliffe at Pitfodels
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   North Deeside Rd | Pitfodels, Aberdeen AB1 9YA, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“probably the best hotel in Aberdeen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall a fantastic stay with very welcoming and helpful local staff. Have stayed there a few times now and looking forward to staying again. probably the best hotel in Aberdeen for location, staff, rooms and excellent food.

Room Tip: Braemar room was good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked a Spa day for myself & three members of my family as a Christmas treat. The girls in the Spa were lovely & we all thoroughly enjoyed the treatments.
Totally different story when we went thoroughly to the hotel for lunch. No smiles greeted us. Asked which restaurant we had booked we didn't know because the Spa staff had booked for us. The waiter actually sighed. He grudgingly sat us at a draughty table in front of the bar. Service was offhand & slow. We were made to feel most unwelcome. Particularly disappointing as I had talked the place up to my family.

• Stayed December 2012
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night as my work put on a party.

What a beautiful hotel nestled on the outskirts of the city. We stayed in a junior suite on the 1st floor. Absolute luxury from the start, molten brown toiletries, massive soft bed with fluffy duvet and champagne. Just what the doctor ordered I hear you say.

Beautiful hotel throughout, we had a brilliant evening of dancing, drinking, music and swish food! Retired to the residents bar for cocktails and cigars after the party, bliss. Since I don't often don a bow tie I thought I could google the correct donning technique, tried and failed miserably so reception sent up a man to sort me out, he even instructed my girlfriend how to do it for next time, what a life saver!

Amazing place in a beautiful surrounding, cant wait for the next party although not looking forward to the sore head again.....ouch!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Another visit to the restaurant,, flawless service from start to finish as usual, perfectly cooked scallops and steaks and the best peppercorn sauce we have tasted, this place is run with military precision & as usual Mr Spence (proprietor) was keeping a watchful eye on the excellent staff. I'm in a wheelchair and they always make sure I have a certain table so my chair can get under it. Already planning our next visit, yum yum!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have eaten here twice this year, once for lunch and once for dinner. The quality and presentation of the food was very good each time. Beef cooked to perfection. Lovely fudge and chocolates at end of the meal. The setting is also lovely. My only criticism from friends that I dined with is that the dairy free and special diet options are quite limited. I have also stayed in the hotel a couple of times. The rooms are comfortable and breakfast was good. I would describe the service as average to good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were treated by friends for my husband's 60th Birthday. Went for Sunday lunch and it was exceptional. Service second to none, and ofcourse the surroundings are superb. We had a pre lunch drink sitting by a lovely fire, and returned there after our lunch for coffee. A very relaxing special occasion

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a wonderful Sunday lunch meal in this establishment, from the moment I booked to the time I left these premises I found the whole experience a joy. The staff, the service and the quality of food on order were all of the highest order. The staff were friendly, attentive and obviously well trained. The food was brilliant, well cooked, piping hot and of a quality, quantity and presentation of the highest order. I would highly recommend a visit, a very pleasurable experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Marcliffe at Pitfodels? Share your experiences!