“PURE 'awful'” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 54 Activities in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Owner description: PURE Spa & Beauty offer an extensive range of beauty treatments, luxurious spa treatments and day spa packages all to be enjoyed in our unique spa relaxation areas with our expertly trained therapists on hand to offer you a relaxation experience tailored to your specific needs and wants.PURE Spa & Beauty are proud to hold several industry awards including 'Boutique Spa of the Year' and 'Spa of the Year' in 2011. We are committed to delivering the very best service, spa and beauty treatments and beauty products. Elemis is used throughout our spas and salon alongside other products like Leighton Denny nail products
Aberdeen, Scotland
“PURE 'awful'”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was given 2 vouchers by a relative as I've just been diagnosed with cancer. She wanted me to have a 'relaxing' pamper. I telephoned twice to check to see if I would be able to have a deluxe massage as I am receiving chemotherapy. On both occasions I was told a definite 'yes'. I made a Plan B with my Mum who was coming with me as I had a gut feeling this was not going to be the case.
When we arrived we were told they 'wouldn't touch me with cancer'. But they said we could have a manicure instead. We decided since it had been quite a lot of effort to get me there we would do that instead. We sat in the seating area for a while waiting for our therapists and I had to go and ask for some water as I wasn't feeling the best. The receptionist, I have to say was a really nice, friendly girl and the first Manager we spoke to was nice enough (apart from making me feel like a leper with cancer!). The Manager we dealt with later on when it had all gone very wrong was not nice at all. She was extremely unfriendly and unapologetic.

We had our nails done by two young girls. They knew I had cancer and were quite sweet and asked a few questions but I noticed the one doing my nails was making a bit of a dogs dinner of it. I didn't want to make a fuss because it had been pretty stressful up to this point. However - when we left we had only walked outside the Spa for 1 minute and I went to look at my nails to see most of the French polish had came off! We'd done everything we were told to do to let it dry etc so I knew this wasn't right. The therapist had rubbed oil in to hands before putting the varnish on so I don't know if that had stopped the varnish drying. She really seemed as though she didn't really feel confident in what she was doing. For £22 each you'd expect a decent manicure.
We went back in and were met by the unhelpful manager (there were some nice girls there I must say - I just wish I'd gotten the name of the one who was useless). She said I'd have to come back 40 minutes later to get it redone - she offered no alternative and didn't apologise AT ALL. My Mum was really upset by this.
I was really surprised how awful this whole experience was to be honest. Thankfully myself and my Mum have a great sense of humour and managed to laugh it off but I really would feel devastated for someone else going through cancer and experiencing this "relaxing pamper!". When the same girl did my nails for the second time, very quickly (I opted for plain nail varnish this time) she was very sweet but again made no apology.
When I got home the nail varnish was off again!
Never again. I feel really sorry for my finance's Aunt who spent good money on this treat for me. I was given a £10 voucher to make up the difference for the massage we weren't allowed as my relative had spent £54 on the treat - but cannot see me facing going in there again. I've written to complain about the experience and have received no reply. It says it all really.
If you are unwell at all avoid this place it will make you feel worse.

Visited December 2012
Rachelle M, Manager at Pure Spa & Beauty, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi, Thank you for your feedback on your visit to PURE Union Square and we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please email heather@purespauk.com with your contact details and we will be able to investigate your feedback fully with our Aberdeen location. We look forward to hearing from you.

“Don't waste your hard earned cash”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Nice looking venue but noisy and an uninviting and chilly relaxation room. Decent therapists let down by atrocious management. Wouldn't recommend this venue which is a shame as its a prime location with decent products.

Rachelle M, Manager at Pure Spa & Beauty, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment about our spa. With the amount of clients we have on a daily basis our front reception area can be noisier than other parts of our location. The design of the spa means that noise from our manicure bar and reception area should not affect treatments. We will investigate the heating in our relax room but we try to keep this at a regular temperature to suit every client. If you could email your name to heather@purespauk.com we can look into your experience.
Aberdeen
“Brilliant service from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had an appointment booked with Pure Spa Aberdeen last week and due to family circumstances I had to rearrange my appointment several times. The staff were extremely accomodating to this and my treatments were fabulous. All the staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease throughout. Definitely recommending this spa to my family and friends and hoping I recieve more of their gift vouchers for christmas this year.

Visited October 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Thought I would treat my daughter to a 1hr pamper where she would have her nails done and a makeover. That 1hr lasted 35 minutes, with 5 of those minutes doing paperwork. The nail varnish had started to come off of 3 finger nails within an hour of leaving! Complete waste of time and money, wouldn't recommend to anyone

Visited August 2012
Thanks for your feedback. It is a requirement that new clients must fill out a consultation form prior to their treatment at PURE for client safety but this should not affect the timing of treatments. New clients are advised to arrive 5-10minutes before their treatment to complete this form. We apologise for your manicure, we use the best products from Leighton Denny Expert Nails and expect the treatment to last longer than your experience. Please contact heather@purespauk.com and we can investigate your feedback further.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Total rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

If u want a conveyor belt experience this is for you !! I had a facial - lasted 20 mins .. Cost £31 . Ten mins of that was the therapist leaving a face mask on and writing down all the products I should buy from them !!! Not relaxing as I could hear noise from people talking and coming in and out of rooms . Very disappointed - won't be going back - far prefer James dunn house

Thank you for your comment. Our PURE Facial costs £31 and should last 25min as stated in our menu. It is our protocol to recommend the best products for your skin following a facial treatment at PURE like all other salons/spas but we apologise for the noise that affected your treatment. Please contact heather@purespauk.com and we can investigate your experience further.