“Great quality and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gate 63

Gate 63
North East Scotland College | Gallowgate Centre, Aberdeen AB25 1BN, Scotland (Formerly William Dyce Brasserie at Aberdeen College)
+44 1224 612169
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 528 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is the training restaurant based in North East Scotland College, Gallowgate campus, where the students that are studying for their diploma in professional cookery take care of the food production and service. The restaurant operates a bring your own bottle policy as it does not hold a license for alcohol.
Aberdeen
“Great quality and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Now called Gate 63, we had our office Christmas lunch here last Friday. It was fab - first class food and service at a great price. As a vegetarian, it can sometimes feel like the veg option is an after thought, but not here. And, to top it all off, hand made chocs to die for!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great quality food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was very impressed at the incredibly high standard of food quality and presentation that the students presented. They should be very proud of the work that they do.

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This a great place if you want to have a short stay meal for lunch with it's range of fixed menu choices and these change from time to time and the table layout was very well presented. I had the pleasure of being served by the most professional students within the professional cookery department both in front of house and the chefs. My experience when I had my lunch there, I was attended to straight away with a smile and a warm welcome and showed to my seat, where i was then given time to check the menu and place my order. During the wait, I had the joy of having one of the non-alcoholic cocktails - this tasted great! Shortly after, I was served with my meal which I ordered. The presentation looked as good as if it were from the top restaurants. Taste was very nice. Could easily have had more of it, it was that good.

• Visited November 2012
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Was really good food with a set menu. We arrived and were sat right away, served with a smile and nothing was to much bother for the staff. Very impressed. Thanks

• Visited March 2013
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked a table for 12, came in asked for my name for the table, then me and my friend where directed straight to a table, the server took our orders and in 2 minutes we were offered a nible and a warm bread bun, 5 minutes later the mains arrived, Mushroom and Pea risotto (very nice), we asked a cocktail after the meal it took about 10 minutes to get the drinks that we asked for. Eventualy the drinks came we asked for the bill £7.00! Very good price.

• Visited March 2013