“Brilliant tribute night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Menzies Dyce

You added Menzies Dyce to your Saves list
Menzies Dyce
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Farburn Terrace, Aberdeen AB21 7DW, Scotland (Formerly Thistle Dyce Skean Dhu)   |
Ranked #50 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen
“Brilliant tribute night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Michael Buble tribute night, 2 course dinner, overnight stay with breakfast only £94 for me & my hubby, that was for both of us NOT EACH!!! Superb meal, tribute act good, rooms very clean & comfortable, staff very friendly and go the extra mile for you. I would recommend to anyone, thanks again Danni for all your help

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen H, General Manager at Menzies Dyce, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our Michael Buble evening, as this was the first event of this kind we have tried it was good to receive a positive response. Danni is thrilled to be mentioned in your review, you made her day. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were at a function, I have to say it really surprised us both when we walked into the reception and our room. The buildings outside look tired and old fashioned but they have spent money on refurbishing the rooms as they were lovely, roomy and very nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fresh looking.
The price we paid was excellent and to be honest we have paid £70 for a B&B so they are really charging a great rate for selling rooms.
Breakfast was a bit of a let down, we were down early and it was luke warm especially the sausages I picked and the beans, disappointing but everything else tasted lovely. I really think the outside may spoil it for some people but once inside you get a nice surprise. I will recommend it to friends as it is not far from town and there is a train station in Dyce.

Room Tip: The rooms on the outside, right opposite reception, left hand side are the best ones. The other ones...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the hotel and facilities. I am sorry that the breakfast was not hot enough and I have addressed this with the team. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stay here regularly before flying offshore.
The double rooms are clean and modern,
Free wifi available and good signal in the rooms ive stayed in.
Meals are nice at the restaurant and staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Helen H, General Manager at Menzies Dyce, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback which I have passed on to the team, I hope you will continue to visit our hotel.
Ayrshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I have used this hotel on several occasions over the past few months and have not been disappointed. The rooms are huge and comfortable with a sofa, coffee table, mineral water and tea / coffee maker. The bathroom is spacious and comes with a range of toiletries
The breakfasts are excellent and we had dinner on one night which was very good. Don't be put off by the exterior appearance (motel) - once inside it's very nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen H, General Manager at Menzies Dyce, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay once again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked the hotel, getting a great deal at £48 per night.

The outside of the hotel is far from appealing. However, the reception was very presentable.

We did enter the bar in the hotel and it was like going back in time. It looked very scabby and gave off a very bad atmosphere. We didn't bother having a drink in the end.

Room was spacious and was worth £48 but not a penny more.

Bed was rock solid, shower had no power and room was absolutely roasting despite the heating being off. Not much ventilation in the room.

I wouldn't return in a hurry but I suppose it served a purpose for the money. I'm glad it was only for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for placing your feedback on Trip Advisor, I am sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects of the hotel. We offer a choice of 2 bars, one is the public bar and the other is in the lounge area.

The beds are checked regularly and replaced to a high standard. As you paid £48.00 and said the room was worth it I am surprised you marked us down on value.

Lanark, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night only. The rooms were very nice. Tea and coffee with a selection of biscuits. toiletries in the bathroom. The rooms were very warm. Plenty to choose from at breakfast as well. Takes about 15 minutes to get into the centre of Aberdeen. Right next to the airport but there was no noise. The only complaint I had was there were not enough parking spaces.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Helen H, General Manager at Menzies Dyce, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor, I am pleased you had a pleasant stay. With regard to car parking we are about to install a new system that will deter unauthorised parking therefore leaving more spaces for our guests.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We took advantage of the bargain B+B plus dinner deal over the May long weekend. Whilst it was a bargain - on arrival we were horribly dismayed by the outside! Looked like a 70s motel where you would imagine a police hold-up involving hostages. The bar is called the 'But n Ben bar'. This place desperately needs a makeover.
Thankfully once you get into the reception area it is much nicer. Our room had a huge bed, couch, TV etc. It was a quiet room - although stinking hot overnight. Bathroom a bit shabby but acceptable.
Dinner was nicely cooked - recommend the lamb shoulder.
Breakfast had a good selection of everything. Staff friendly and helpful, esp the bustling manager.
It is somewhere to sleep - and we were satisfied with our end of the deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I tried contacting you to discuss further.

I appreciate your comments regarding food and service and I am happy to report that we have never had a hostage situation in the bar!

I hope you will consider us in the future

Been to Menzies Dyce? Share your experiences!