“Beautiful gardens” 5 of 5 stars

London
33 attraction reviews
“Beautiful gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's a lovely park to wander around on a sunny day. The gardens are beautiful, in particular the azalea gardens around the sculptures. They were in full bloom when we visitied and the array of colours was spectacular. One of the most vivid displays of natural colour we had ever seen. The rose garden wasn't blooming at the time, but it should look nice later in summer. There's a moving memorial to the Piper Alpha disaster near the rose garden.

The extended area around the formal part of the park has some good running trails, making it the only park in Aberdeen that's really big enough for a decent length run without having to repeat lots of laps.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
Inverurie, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Past it's best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very dilapidated place, Park was quite shabby compared to my last visit. Cafe was undergoing work, botanical area was filled with litter, Not a very nice experience. I mainly went to go to the pets corner, and I was not disappointed. Only criticisms were the budgie cage, chinchilla exhibit, and lack of signage for the reptiles and fish.

Visited March 2013
“Good park but toilets are a disgrace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just back from taking my son here today. He loved the park :) not a bad thing to say about it.
Went for some ice cream after a play which was yummy and reasonably priced however waited almost an hour to be served (there wasn't loads of people infront of us either.
Had to use the toilets due to my son needing and myself being pregnant and needing lol. I was absolutely disgusted, such a let down. I honestly thought I was going to be sick it was absolutely filthy, ruined and stinking. I have NEVER seen toilets this disgusting in my life. Couldn't even wash my hands afterwards either as the sink was blocked and full of dirty water and come rely covered in black dirt.
We visited the animal corner which my son enjoyed but I felt was a complete waste of money.

Visited May 2013
Aberdeen, UK
5 attraction reviews
“good pets corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

i took my little girl (14.5months old) here one saturday morning and she was delighted to see all the animals. We were the first ones there, opened at 10 am, so got to see all the animals as they were let out of their stables etc. the lamb was her fave! they all looked well cared for and a lovely setting at the gardens with a grwat play park too. inside there is an aviary and tanks with lizards , fish etc, good if it rains i suppose, overall a good hour spent for £3 entry (kids under 3 or 2, cant remember, get in for free).

Kinross, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We caught the number 11 bus from Union St and that stops just near the park. It was a lovely day and the park was very pleasent to walk through. There was no charge for the maze when we went - though hopefully it improves during the charging period as it was a bit uninspiring to say the least!

We had picked up the leaflet for the walk from the art gallery and followed the walk outlined on it - starting at the top entrance and walking all the way down through woods, past a dairy, through Foggiston wood and out on Cults Rd where it was easy to pick up a Number 19 bus back to town.

We were dawdling with rests and the walk took about 3 hours in all. There looked to be a good play area for children, free parking and a kiosk (we didn't use this but it was open)

Well worth a trip