“wonderful family restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ferryhill House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Ferryhill House Hotel
You added Ferryhill House Hotel to your Saves list
169 Bon Accord St, Aberdeen AB11 6UJ, Scotland   |
Ranked #16 of 97 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“wonderful family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Been to the ferryhill hotel many times and it never fails to satisfy your occasion. The menu has changed since I was last, with many new great additions + the usual pub grub. Couldn't fault the food, absolutely lovey and big portions to boot. Perfect place for a sunday family lunch, very attentive to babies needs. Great atmosphere and welcoming staff. Summer great for having a drink in the garden with a large childrens play area in full view within the grounds. Must get there early on a Friday in the bonnie summer days or you can forget about an outdoor bench.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jarrow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Due to a weather delay I ended up in a guest house opposite the Ferryhill House Hotel and decided to have my evening meal in there, I must say I was impressed by the service and the quality of the food, I couldn't find fault with my starter or my main course and thoroughly enjoyed both.
The staff where friendly and polite and could not find fault so would definitely use it again if ever stranded overnight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Every time we're in Aberdeen we visit this place. Rooms are good, bar is great and food is excellent. True to form four of us enjoyed an excellent evening and bar managers both remembered us from our last visit and were very friendly. This level of service is really nice and much appreciated. We had a few drinks and a meal and thoroughly enjoyed the lot. Everybody enjoyed the food. The fire really makes a for a cosy bar and great atmosphere.

I can't rave about this place enough so if your in Aberdeen make sure you visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Highlands of SCotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went for a quite meal and drink on christmas eve, never in my ,life have I heard just a rabble by a female (think she is the Manager - though not dressed or acting like one!!!) who was drawing the christmas raffle. I am not a scrouge, I do actually do my bit for charties and do not mind events going on in the back ground, - but I do not need a screaming mad women, while i try to eat my tea. Bet you could have heard her at the end of the drive!!!!!!!!
Sorry was so disgusted by the back ground, cannot comment on the food or service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I wish I'd taken the time to read some of the reviews here prior to booking. I reserved a table for 16 for a leaving do - paying £10 per person in advance and having to take an early time slot because it was a busy time of year. No problem and we were willing to work around their availability. The day of we had 2 people who had to cancel - but still had a large party of 14. From the start one member of the staff (possibly the manager) was incredibly rude, several times reminding us that we needed to be out at a certain time and now cutting that time short by an additional 15 minutes.

Our food was decent, although one table of our group received their meals at least 20 minutes before the other - good thing we didn't end up waiting on all the meals to be there before eating.

When the bill came at the end of the night only £140 was credited for the deposit. When we questioned this we were told that because we had 2 people not show up, we lost our deposit because they could have booked a table for 2 with our extra seats. That might have been a reasonable excuse had the table across from us not been empty the entire time we were there. We tried to have a conversation with this same employee about the situation, explaining that we were not notified that this would the policy before hand, as well as reminding her that no one ever asked to separate the table to allow for the restaurant to have the extra seating. After paying over £400 for our meals and wine they were not willing to credit us the £20 for the two additional heads and the manager was so rude about it I would never consider going back. I can live without the £20 - but I'm not willing to go to an establishment with such horrible customer service. Beware of rude management here if you decide to brave going.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Not a great experience, in fact it was bloody awful.

We had a family dinner for about 11 people, booked in advance, deposit of £10 per person (including for the kids who are under 5). We had a pram, with a 4 mth old.

Off the bat we were told we could not bring in the pram due to health and safety, then the staff suggested we go get our car seat and then balance our car seat on a chair beside a table? What kind of idiots are these people. I enquired about what the health and safety issue was and just got the standard...."sorry it's policy"!

Food was bland, service was delivered with a grumpy expression.
I had the roast beef, it look old and unappetising, vegetables were not served with the main courses (even the menu says they do)... Nope we got a pot go vegetables for the table.

Average food I can live with, terrible service is a definite no.
Be warned, if you love mediocrity, then this is not the place for you, the ferryhill can only aspire to mediocrity.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The ferryhill never fails! In general its good serveing up good food with a menu that would suit most tastes and price wise it's very reasonable indeed.

The atmosphere is good! And the staff provide a friendly and efficient service.

Have only eaten in the bar with either friends or my girlfriend! The resteraunt does look appealing though maybe? I shall get the chance to try it sometime.

Some nights can be pretty busy! So get there early to avoid dissapointment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ferryhill House Hotel? Share your experiences!