“Best location to visit the university” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jays Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
The Jays Guest House
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   422 King Street, Aberdeen AB24 3BR, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 93 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Best location to visit the university”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having recently stayed at the Jays Guest House while visiting Aberdeen and its university, I only have positive comments upon the quality of our stay and the convenience of the guest house's location. Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the guest house's location on King Street is just a short and leisurely 10-minute walk to the Old Aberdeen campus, and a slightly longer (about 20-25 minute) walk to the main thoroughfare of Union Street.

The accommodation itself was quite nice - the guest house combined the best of modern conveniences (high-speed wireless internet access and updated facilities) with the lovely homely touches that made our stay enjoyable (such as the full breakfast and the tea and kettle left for us in our room). Our hosts, George and Alice, were quite welcoming and their flexibility with regards to our arrival time was much appreciated.

I have already recommended this bed and breakfast to friends and family as an ideal accommodation for them when they come to visit me at the university, and can't say enough about the cleanliness, comfort, and hospitality of this guest house. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Natalie

Thank you for your review and we are so happy that you were satisfied with your stay at The Jays. Alice and I endeavour to make our guests feel at home, in our home and feedback such as yours only serves to make our efforts worthwhile. I hope that you enjoyed our route suggestion to Inverness and marvelled at the splendid scenery.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have stay at The Jays on numerous occasions while working in Aberdeen, and will continue to do so happily.
The Jays is an excellent, well run and very friendly place, and a nice place to relax after a hard day in the office.
Amenities are superb.
Jim Mcilroy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Jim

Alice and I are so glad that you enjoyed another stay with us. It is always rewarding to get such a positive review, as we endeavour to maintain our standards of service and facilities.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I work in Aberdeen reglarly throughout the year and have stayed in several hotels and B+B's in and out of the city. Jays is definitely the best I have tried, very comfortable, best value for money, spotlessly clean and great hospitality from Alice and George. Excellent wi-fi connection also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi Andrew

Your positive review is much appreciated by Alice and I, as it goes a long way in conveying to us,
that our endeavours are valued and appreciated.

George & Alice.
Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Jays on two occasions in February/March 2013 as I had important job interviews which were being held nearby. It was recommended to me by a friend. Its central location meant that getting to and from places in Aberdeen was easy. There is a small Tesco 2 minutes down the road, a good pub serving well priced food (Bobbin) and several takeaways in the area. Inside the place is absolutely spotless and maintained to a high standard throughout. I don't agree with comments about traffic noise. On my first stay I was in one of the front rooms right beside the main road. yes you could hear the traffic but it hardly kept me up.

The owners are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was nice and I especially liked the cooked breakfast. Staying at the Jays was stress free and definitely helped relax me before the important interviews which I passed. Thanks again. I've recommended you to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Shaun
Thank you for your positve review. Alice and I are always heartened when we receive such reviews
as it confirms that we are succeeding in our endeavours. Glad to hear that you were successful in your job interview and we hope to see you again.

George.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent hosts, 5 star accomodations, good location. I highly recommend for anyone going to Aberdeen. Near downtown, expo center, and restaurants. Close to the shore and golfing. Comfortable bedding, nice décor and furnishings. Parking available in back of house.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Hi Mert
Thank you for your promised review. It is much appreciated and it was a pleasure to meet with you, albeit for a short period of time. Hope you enjoyed your golfing experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Alice and George.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Thanks you George and Alice for such a wonderful stay. My very elderly mother ( 93) stayed much of the time in her room but had a pleasant view, flat screen TV, comfy chair and a nice chat with the cleaner while we got on with what we had to do in Aberdeen.
There is close proximity to the city centre, excellent access for a walk/run on the beach and good transport links outside the front of the house
Our rooms were spotless and beds very very comfortable and plenty of hot water. Breakfasts were delicious and having mentioned that my abiding memories of Aberdeen were of Buttery Rowies, Lo and behold they appeared at breakfast the next day !! now thats service you don't get everywhere......
Thank you both for a stressfree experience on our visit

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. I am so glad that your mother enjoyed her stay, she is a remarkable lady. Hope to see you again under happier circumstances for your family.

Alice and George
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed two nights, no fuss, or drama. A clean, friendly and well run guest house. Comfortable bed, free internet, great shower and a breakfast that will leave you not needing a lunch. A small Tesco’s 2 minutes easy walk away, a few pubs around and an Indian take-away 3 minutes up the road………

Only one small niggle, No hot food allowed in the rooms.

All in all I recommend ‘The Jays’ and would happily stay there again when visiting Aberdeen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi
Thank you for the review of your stay at The Jays Guest House and that you enjoyed the facilities and breakfast provided. We do not allow hot food in our bedrooms, because before long the aroma of stale food, would soon permeate the whole house. We do of course allow any other food or beverages to be consumed within our rooms.

George and Alice.

Been to The Jays Guest House? Share your experiences!