“Great Value and Super Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roselea Hotel

Roselea Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Roselea Hotel
You added Roselea Hotel to your Saves list
12 Springbank Terrace, Aberdeen AB11 6LS, Scotland   |
Ranked #20 of 97 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Great Value and Super Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We have just arrived home from our UK adventure and wanted to report how much we enjoyed our stay at Roselea House. The accommodation, breakfasts and overall hospitality were first-class. We particularly appreciated the after hours access to the Breakfast Room to enjoy our take-away meal which provided a nice break from endless restaurant fare as did the ice for our drinks at the end of a long day of sightseeing. The Roselea was definitely an unexpected oasis on our journey

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Coast, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed here for one night before an important interview. Wanted to make sure I got the rest I needed beforehand and somewhere handy for buses and trains. This was great because it really just took 10 mins to walk from Union Square. It was very clean and well equipped. The owner was a friendly chap who even said to me to try the award winning Indian takeaway up the street (which i did!) and he invited me to eat it in the dining room. Don't often get the chance in a hotel to do this so was very friendly gesture. Managed to sleep all night, something which I don't always do in a hotel or B&B. Will be going back when i am next in Aberdeen!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Friend and I stayed at Roselea for 2 nights. Found the owner Colin was slightly awkward, but harmless. Had a standard twin room which contained a sink in the corner. Also had towels, TV (basic channels), facilities for tea and coffee (both provided along with hot chocolate, biscuits and sweets). Shared a washroom/bathroom. Washroom located on the same floor as the twin room - had a cracked shower unit. There was plenty of shower gel and shampoo provided. Bathroom (which had the only toilet in the place) was located on the landing next floor down - and the large keyhole on the cupboard door creeped me out. Beds were soft and lumpy but room was adequately clean. Overall, adequate place to sleep/stay over for very short time, but would not be first choice

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
roseleahouse, Owner at Roselea Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Unfortunately some of the information in this review is misleading and incorrect. We have 4 standard twin/double rooms which share 2 toilets, a large bathroom (with toilet, bath and shower) and an additional shower room. We have been members of Visitscotland for many years (with a 3* Guest House rating) and have always complied with their strict requirements for bathroom/toilet provision. Also, all bedrooms have flatscreen televisions with Freeview channels.
Other comments made by the reviewer have been addressed.
Poole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

This was our second stay at the Roselea and both times we've been made to feel at home. The owners tread the fine line between being friendly and helpful and allowing the guests their privacy.
Last time we were in Aberdeen there were no vacancies here, so we ended up at a much more expensive hotel. The Roselea wins hands down for comfort, tranquility, cleanliness, friendliness and anything else you would care to mention. I see no reason to go anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Torres Vedras, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was in Aberdeen for 3 days in January 2010 to attend a job interview and stayed at the Roselea Hotel / Guest House for 2 nights.
I had an en-suite room with TV and a double bed. I wish I had taken some pictures because it was very tasteful decorated and very cosy, very spacious also. There was free Wi-Fi internet but I didn’t take my laptop with me. Mr. Colin is so nice and arranged for a taxi to take me to my interview the next day. I asked for an iron to press my clothes and got it right away.
Breakfast was great, wide choice of cereals, coffee, toast, orange juice, cooked breakfast. There is no restaurant service; however, the dining room is also available if you get take-away and want to eat there.
The hotel is very close to the city centre and to the bus station / rail station. From Union Street just turn to Crown Street and walk for a few minutes and you’re there. It is located in a residential area, very quiet, feels safe.
I had a very pleasant stay and will definitely go back and/or recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Stayed for three days at Roselea Hotel, which is situated about 5-10 minutes walk from Union Street (depending on how fast you walk of course). The room was comfortable and clean, and I liked the little extra touches such as cotton wool and q-tips. I had a standard room, but there was a sink in the room, and towels. I would have appreciated a comfortable chair in the room, instead of the two basic stools. The bathroom was in the hall, halfway down the stairs, and there was also a shower-room on the same floor as mine. Service was very good.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Spent 1 week here and were immediately welcomed by Colin and shown to our large, clean, and comfortable room. Ensuit washrooms available, or for a reduced price you can share the washroom. However our room still had a sink, mirror and towels. Tea and coffee in the room, with cookies and hot chocolate refilled daily. Breakfast was good and filling. The location is withing walking distance to the city center, bus station, and train station.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Roselea Hotel? Share your experiences!