“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allan Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Allan Guesthouse
You added Allan Guesthouse to your Saves list
Polmuir Road | Ferryhill, Aberdeen AB11 7RT, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 97 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Rijeka, Croatia
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hosts Brenda and Stewart work ever so hard to keep their guesthouse in perfect condition. My room was very neat and tidy, and so was the rest of the guesthouse. Bathroom was pretty big and in perfect condition. Bed was also very comfortable - I slept like a baby :) I especialy liked having a possibility to have a flexible breakfast - meaning flexible breakfast schedule, and also the type of breakfast (traditional, strong scottish breakfast with eggs, bacon etc., or just having light cornflakes). The food was also very tasty. I give the highest rate to my hosts who were both very thoughtfull and caring, and I thank them once againg for all the thoughtfull things they did for me. I was realy moved especialy my last day of staying in their guest house. My wife and me are considering to go on a scottish castle tour, and Allan Guest House will be our number one choice for staying while sightseeing Aberdeenshire :) Highly recomended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at the Allan Guest House for a week, was made to feel very welcome by Brenda & Stuart, nothing was too much trouble for them. I had Room 8 which was like staying in the Honeymoon Suite of an upmarket hotel, fantastic big room with a luxurious bed, big en suite with a walk in shower. They were very accommodating with a Breakfast Tray in my room as I had a very early start in the morning. Couldn't ask for more from the owners, they were fantastic, will definitely stay again on my return to Aberdeen.

Room Tip: If you want luxury, ask for Room 8
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks as I was working in Aberdeen. I have spent a lot of time in Aberdeen this year and have stayed in lots of different hotels of varying "luxury" ratings. This is by far the best place I have stayed yet. Stuart and Brenda are 2 of the nicest people I have ever met and work so hard to make sure everything is perfect. The rooms are clean and well equipped so is the rest of the guesthouse. Thank you so much for a fantastic stay. P.s..... Brenda's ginger cake is legendary!!! :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brenda C, Owner at Allan Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hi Darren

Good to hear from you, glad you enjoyed your stay (and my baking......) hope to see you back soon.

Take care

Brenda
Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Received an excellent warm welcome from Brenda upon arrival

Fantastic looking house with room recently refurbished

Very comfy and cosy room at nights especially

Breakfast made to order and at your time requested! Great bonus :)

Ran by such a nice couple couldn't be nicer!

Would highly recommend this guest house to anybody staying in Aberdeen

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week after jumping from place to place, the owners (Stuart and Brenda) run the place and treat you like their favourite guest of all time.

Even the worst room is great and the biggest is fantastic. Room prices don't get bumped up for the weekday rush. Rooms are always very clean, food is great, company is great, what more could you want.

Location is in a really nice area with a huge park at the end of the street.

No one will regret coming here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brenda C, Owner at Allan Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Dylan, thank you for leaving a review for us, it was a pleasure having you stay here. Hope you've settled into your flat okay and best of luck with the job search, take care..
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Having been around the world, this is the best accommodation I've ever experienced! Stuart and Brenda are the nicest people you could imagine and I've never been treated so kind anywhere else! If I ever go back to Aberdeen, it is not a question where I'll be staying if only they have room for me :)

• Stayed September 2013
Brenda C, Owner at Allan Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi Christian, thank you very much for your review, it was nice of you to take the time to write. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope your time at the AECC proves fruitful for Maersk Training.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here for the first full week of a new contract in Aberdeen, navigating the dreaded B&B hunt with much luck.

Stuart and Brenda had just taken over the ownership and running of the guest house with lucky me getting the newly refurbished room. I understand that all rooms will be refurbished in the coming months giving. A very modern feel to the room. Breakfast provided for my 6am starts laid outside my door.

Brenda bought a microwave so that i could cook my tv dinner each evening.

Chats with both Stuart and Brenda each evening about this and that showed me they had all the time for their guests.

An all round excellent experience.

Good luck with your new business and thanks for the pleasant stay.

Andy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brenda C, Owner at Allan Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Andy

Thank you very much for submitting your review, it was good to meet you too. We've been busy since we last saw you, totally refurbishing 3 Bedrooms and the Dining Room. I hope your family are fine. Take care and thank you again.

Been to Allan Guesthouse? Share your experiences!