“Real Italian food, lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, United Kingdom
“Real Italian food, lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went yo this restaurant on a Saturday night after fancying trying somewhere new.

There are only around 6 tables, so probably worth booking to guarantee a table. It's is bring your sown drink and they have soft drinks available. I think it was £2.50 each corkage and they were quick and attentive to bring wine glasses and offer water, which came chilled in a jug.

The staff were friendly and the waiter was able to accurately describe the specials. We had brushetta and the cold meat platter to start, both we're plentiful and tasty.

Our mains were also delicious and my bf particularly enjoyed his ravioli, which was made with homemade pasta and had a lot of filling. The food was served hot and most definitively fresh. Due to the chef being on her own and cooking dishes fresh there was a longer wait than you would have elsewhere. This wAs no problem for us, I would personally much rather wait for good food then have poorer quality rushed out quickly.

Overall the food was great and staff were attentive and very friendly. Don't be put off by the basic exterior and small interior they are open ford evening meals! You will need cash as they can't accept card and there are a couple of local shops that sell booze, should you forget.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Delicious pasta dishes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had heard that this place was a little gem but can't understand why it has taken me so long to try it for myself. We made a last minute booking for 4 on a Saturday evening and we were lucky to get a table. Very friendly greeting and bread/oil/vinegar on table within minutes. Loved the bruschetta with the smoked mozzarella to start. The special (palm sized aubergine ravioli) was sublime. I don't think I have ever tasted such beautiful pasta/sauce. The boys in my party enjoyed carbonara and lasagne and both dishes were polished off with appreciative sounds! There was friendly banter from the waitress (sister of the owner who was off for the night) and Mum was cooking in the kitchen. I also fitted in a dessert of millefeuille but was really too full to enjoy this lovely homebake. Good coffee. Bring your own bottle and there's a handy Oddbins opposite. A really enjoyable experience and walking distance from home. I will definitely be back! Loved it so much that I did try to book a table for the following Wednesday but unfortunately that is the only night they are closed. Main courses about a tenner, starters and desserts about a fiver. Fabulous!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simply spectacular Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't rave enough about Virginia's. The food is consistently outstanding. Anyone who appreciates real Italian food should visit here at least once... You will then become a 'regular' before you know it. The food is freshly made with high quality ingredients & the chef is a real Italian mama... So to sum it up, simply delicious. It's so reasonably priced & the portion sizes are generous, so it's also excellent value for money. Thank you Virginia's for so many amazing meals, every time we visit Aberdeen we will always make coming to see you (& EAT!) a priority!

Visited July 2013
Oldmeldrum, United Kingdom
“brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I popped in here for lunch when my son was 6 months old. Delicious ravioli and i think my wife had a pasta carbonara which was equally good. Can't remember the name of the waiter but he was sooo helpful with the wee one. We stay out of town so haven't been able to call again but would highly recommend this restaurant. The second best meal I have ever had and something like £20 for 2 courses each + drinks.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Superbo!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Me and my partner visited this place on a whim - wasn't sure what to expect but walked away feeling more satisfied from any restaurant in Aberdeen than I have in a long time. Quite simply it is proper italian food cooked by an Italian mother and that's what it is, and wow did it taste good! The bruschetta was just amazing, really really tasty as was the gnocchi I had for main course. My other had had the antipasti and the salmon vodka pasta for main course and was impressed by the quantity of salmon and the flavours. Only slight downside was that there was no tiramisu left which I had been really looking forward to tasting, however we were quickly offered alternatives which were still really delicious.

For proper simple and delicious Italian food, BYOB and a decent price you cant get any better in Aberdeen to be honest! Will certainly be back!!

• Visited May 2013