“Got what i came for” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Got what i came for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I'll start with the bad points. The bathroom door had a slight gap under it, making it kind of uncomfortable going to the toilet with my boyfriend in the other room. And there wasn't a bath tub (in my room at least), but now i'm just being picky. The bed also must have had wheels, cause it kept sliding away from the wall.

On the positive side, the hotel was extremely clean. We got a very modern room and bathroom, which was nice. the shower was amazing! Staff were very friendly, although we didn't really get to see much of them, as we only stayed the night. (loren, who checked us in was very welcoming). The thermostat was handy, because when we arrived it was very cold. (can't be helped in aberdeen. Easily the coldest place i've ever been) .We had a lovely night here, and i would consider coming back if returning to aberdeen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Attila S, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is very much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sure Loren will be very happy when he reads his name in your review.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Dora S.
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Minnetonka, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Ibis knows how to train the best for customer service. Although I have never stayed at a budget hotel with non carpeted floors and a bathroom door which is only as good as a thin fabric curtain, and, and, and, whinging done about the hotel itself, I must say the customer service I received was excellant. Most of my hotel experience has been at the Ritz and the Savoy, but I came here as a guest. When I spoke with Tomas at the front desk about some minor issues, he found another, larger, quieter room and personally came upstairs with me to help transfer the luggage from one room to the other. The following day, searching out the business center I asked Diana for assistance and she took care of me, and went above and beyond what I expected from the best of hotels! I'd suggest many upgrades but I assume that for the money this fits the budget from both ends of the spectrum. Loyalty points will keep those who travel~ loyal~ 21st century marketing works!
People matter and Ibis HR division has it down perfectly at this location. Everyone we encountered was professional, pleasant, and went out of their way to get things right!
Bravo to everyone at this hotel for confirming; you cannot and should not judge a book by it's cover.
Thank you staff for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The view from the harbor side is Hollywood worthy but bring ear plugs! Also come with a good attitu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It was our pleasure to welcome you in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
We are delighted that Tomas and Diane made your stay excellent and I will share your kind feedback with them. We very much look forward to see again and offer you the same level of customer service.
Attila
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Clean Friendly if lacking in personality, good value and great bed. Small room with shower room Pod, The walls are a little thin so could be problematic dependant on neighbours. Good proximity to some nice places to eat, drink and for entertainment and transport likes like the Bus, train station and ferry port.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We wish to make sure that we satisfy every guest so your feedback is very important for us.
We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Srtayed here for a night and for the money it was perfectly fine..Clean tidy rooms if not a little on the small side. But the bathroom "pods" are great with a big shower area. Like most modern hotels the walls are paper thin so was a bit noisy from other guests..Cant complain for £32..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and posting your comment regarding your stay. I regret to learn that you have been disturbed by other guests. Please accept my sincere apology. I will ask my night team again to check the corridors even more frequently to avoid similar situation.
We hope to welcome you again in the hotel soon.
UK Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

A pretty standard Ibis. Have used them a lot on the past but no so often anymore, this one just happens to be in a good location for my work.

Good central location, with car park right next door. Right in the city centre, with good food at the Grosvenor Casino next door, or a Jamies Italian if you dont mind spending a bit more.

I used to be a platinum card holder, but they no longer give points for stays booked through Egencia, a shame really for them as it gives me no reason to show them any loyalty to the brand when booking, I stay in hotels all week and used to collect a lot of points I could use on personal trips. Their head Office should really address this. As generally I would be happy to stay with them 80% of the time, but unfortuantely other brands now have better loyalty schemes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Attila S, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind feedbacks. It is very important to us and I wish to confirm that I will address your comments regarding the loyalty program. However, please feel free to contact me and I can also give more information.
We hope to see you soon in the hotel.
Ibis Aberdeen Centre

Been to Ibis Aberdeen Centre? Share your experiences!