My husband and I stayed overnight at the Ibis Aberdeen and would probably make a return visit to this hotel now we know what to expect. The problem for us was it was a Saturday night and most of the other guests went out "clubbing" and didn't return until the wee small hours! Coupled with this, the lift broke down so late-night revellers made a lot of noise accessing their rooms.
The bed was comfortable and the pillows fine. The staff were all very welcoming and accommodating. The breakfast was very satisfactory. However, we wouldn't be in a hurry to eat in for a main evening meal again - as this was not a happy experience for us or the waiting staff - due to the soup being cold, and the speciality pie my husband ordered a culinary disaster. The man in charge dealt with our complaints immediately and was very apologetic - and even ended up refunding us for my husband's poor meal. I suggested the pie should be removed from the menu as it was truly disastrous. Parking is right next to the hotel and a reduced charge is given to patrons. If you do not arrive by car, the hotel is near to the main bus and train stations, just off the main street of Aberdeen. Noise from outside is not an issue.
We have stayed at several Ibis hotels in France and are happy to continue to use these hotels. When we return to Aberdeen, it will be during the week and we will definitely eat out in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland