“What you expect !!!” 3 of 5 stars

UP TO 30% OFF THIS SUMMER
Ranked #21 of 61 hotels in Aberdeen
“What you expect !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I received exactly what I thought. Rooms were clean but basic. The TV needs more channels and free wi-fi is a must in hotels but the location was fantastic. Right in the centre and right next to the train station. The fire alarm did go off one night but we were given free breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall I was pleased with the service.

• Stayed December 2012
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read you had enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate constructive criticism and try to take advantage of it.

Kind Regards,

Dora Somossy
Hotel Team Leader

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have recently stayed in IBIS hotel in Aberdeen. The location of this hotel is perfect and close to Union street and to my needed locations. The food was fine and the service was acceptable. I just had a bad incident in the hotel, when I was checking out the manager there was extremely rude. I was extremely polite and there is no reason or explanation for his conduct. I am a frequent client of IBIS in all my business and leisure travels all over the world, and did not appreciate such remarks and behavior.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I was much very much surprised because of your kind comments. You can find all my contact details of the official website of the hotel. I wish to fully investigate what has happened. You can also e-mail me on h5170-gm@accor.com. I am pleased to be at your services any time.
UK.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this relatively new hotel for three nights. On arrival it took three attempts to get into my room, and this was due to the reception staff making mistakes with the room numbering and electronic keyless entry system. No matter......we all make the odd mistake.

The following day I took my breakfast in the 'help yourself' style eating area. Its clean and tidy and there is easily ample food and usual choices of either cooked or continental breakfasts (or both!). The tables were starting to fill up with used dishes, cups etc, as there was only one staff member to look after the breakfast area, and she was fairly slow in tidying tables after people had departed.

On my return back to the hotel in the evening, my bed had been made and the waste bin emptied, but nothing more. The bathroom had not been cleaned and the housekeeper had clearly only done the absolute minimum in the room. My used cup and saucer and one glass that had been used remained on the table,unwashed. The tea and coffee facilities, ( I had noted only ONE tea bag had been supplied), had not been replenished. The table top had not been wiped clean.
I did mention this to the hotel manager, and she agreed that this was unacceptable. She promised there would be no repeat of poor service.

The following day..............breakfast was the same. Good food, but struggled to find a clean table to sit at, due to plenty of used dishes, cups, cutlery etc all waiting to be cleared away. I did it myself to find a suitable place to take my brekkie.

That evening, my return to my room found a repeat of the previous days 'lack of housekeeping' scenario. I took the used cup, saucer and a couple of glasses back to reception myself. No reaction, other than a polite 'thank-you from the reception staff. That was a disappointment as I would have expected them to ask about why I had to clear my own room.

I had one evening meal ( Chicken curry with rice and nan bread) and it was very nice indeed.

Overall, not a bad little hotel thats well placed for the town centre, but they MUST improve the breakfast service, (clearing and cleaning of tables), and take a long hard look at what the housekeeping staff are doing, ( or more to the point, what they are NOT doing).

It was quiet, warm and clean enough.

I will not hurry back to the IBIS, but Aberdeen generally charges 'top dollar' for its hotels. Shame the service is not suited to the prices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your letter regarding your recent stay in Ibis Aberdeen Centre.
Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you have had.
I was very disappointed to read your comments as we understand how important the breakfast is therefore we continuously try to improve both the quality of products and the service.
I can assure you the breakfast will be supervised even more to adapt better to the busy periods.
About room cleanliness we usually get very good feedbacks, I was surprised to read about this incident. Housekeeping assured me it will not happen again.
I am glad you enjoyed your dinner and do hope we can welcome you back and provide you a much higher quality of service as we are trying to do our best every single day.

Kind Regards,

Dora Somossy
Hotel Team Leader
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Room clean and tidy, bathroom spotless. Beds are excellent and a decent nights sleep desipte slight noise of ships in nearby harbour. Short walk from railway station and at top end of town centre so very convenient. Staff are very professional and helpful. No dramas. If I was going to be slightly picky, free wifi would be nice :-) I have used this hotel several times and never any issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind loyalty to the hotel.
It is our pleasure to make sure you experience is always excellent.
We look forward to welcome you again.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very useful location. I wanted to stay in the city centre. The Ibis was ideal and cheaper than the Jury. The only downside was the car parking, £16 for an overnight stay. Facilities are good and the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am glad to read that you enjoyed yours stay in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
Please note that our guests have special discounted rate in the car park. Just ask any member of staff on the reception.
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have just returned from a 2 night stay for Xmas shopping. Hotel very basic but very clean and new. Don't know what the food is like as I never ate there. You wouldn't think anyone else had stayed in the room (other hoteliers take note) which is as it should be! Very efficient friendly staff. The only gripe I have is the TV does not have freeview. But I would certainly stay again if I was in Aberdeen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying and recommending Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
My team visits this website every day and I am sure they appreciate all your kind feedbacks.
We also hope we will welcome you again soon.
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently stayed at the Ibis Aberdeen, which I have to say is ideal for the city center, although as expected the rooms are basic but clean, we found it difficult at times to attract tyhe attention of staff, particularly at breakfast and as you have to wait to be seated, this is poor, also the staff are from many eurpoean countries and although there english was reasonable there was some lack of understanding what was said, the bar person on an the evening was very good, however in the afternnon this was not the case, we were the only ones in the bar and to get two drinks took an age, as non of the staff could work the till, or infact serve a pint correctly, The WiFi is not free so becarefull, it's charged for per day @ £9.50

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay.
I will make sure that the staff is always and fully available all around the hotel.
We believe that the breakfast is one of the most important occasion to welcome and serve every guest personally, so we hope your small time to wait is highly overcompensated when the waiter focuses for you.
Also, the international team is a guarantee for us that we are proud to be able to serve our guests at least 8 on different languages :)
Ibis Aberdeen Centre

Been to Ibis Aberdeen Centre? Share your experiences!