“Good hotel with comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
scotland
“Good hotel with comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Spent 1 night here on business this week. Hotel is beautiful and staff are very friendly. Room was warrm quiet and comfortable so no complaints. Only thing that stopped me giving 5 stars was my bill was wrong in the morning - i had been charged another tables dinner on top of my own. Once i pointed this out it was rectified. Also the majority of the staff I encountered are Polish or eastern europe. Unfortunately this is becoming more and more the case in Highland hotels where they cannot get the local staff to work in hotels. Certainly not this hotel's fault but it is a trend that is becoming more prevelant in the Highlands.I did not use Spa so cant comment on it, breakfast was very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
PeterArdoeGM, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Tudan,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to read that your stay was most enjoyable and that my team made you feel welcome throughout your stay.
Despite the error in billing, I am glad my reception team was able to rectify the problem immediately to your satisfaction.
Thank you also for your comment on the quality of our beakfast offering and service.

I look forward to welcome you back on property for your next visit to Aberdeen.

Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Mintlaw, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, friendly staff great location. Well worth a visit. Ideal base for visiting the north east of Scotland especially aberdeen or Royal Deeside. Easy to find only ten mins from city centre but very much a rural location

• Stayed November 2013
PeterArdoeGM, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear kazlou1981,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ardoe House.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stayt with us and that my team made you feel welcome and looked after you well during your stay.

I look forward to welcome you back soon

Saint Julian's, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel is impressive both externally and internally. Staff were friendly, attentive and professional and I had no problems in this department at all.

The only downside was the room I was in (room 201). Although spacious and comfortable, it seemed a little "aged" and in need of some tweaking. Its location was not the best, looking out onto a courtyard and some stairs and a little noisy with some fans/heaters/AC units blowing. The room was a bit dark too, requiring all lights to be switched on in order to maintain a tolderable lighting level.

That being said I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will consider staying here again in future visits. I had dinner in the main restaurant on my first night and - even though it was the day after Burns Night and haggis was not on the menu, the chef managed to rustle some haggis and tatties up for me (even though I was curioiusly amused that in rural aberdeenshire they had ran out of neeps... lol). But they found an alternative. That is the main thing. Thank you for that.

The brasserie next to the bar was nice, even if a little noisy with a group that was there, but - again - full marks to a friendly staff..

All in all a good stay. Thank you all.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a view and away from the courtyard noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear tjm1957,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to Aberdeen.
I am sorry if you felt that the room you stayed in was a litle "aged". We are in the process of planning a room upgrade which is being finalised as we speak. I am glad though that you found it comfortable and had a pleasant stay.
I will ensure I relay your feedback on the firendliness and efficiency of my team throughout your stay. I am also pleased that the kitchen was able to cater for your request on a short notice.

I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel during your next visit in Aberdeen.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The room was very spacious. A table and two armchairs, very large bed, flat screen TV, fridge, safe and plenty of storage space. Gown and slippers provided. The room was very quiet and I had an excellent nights sleep. The breakfast was very good - everything you could want. The staff were friendly and efficient. Only downside was that the bathroom had no heating and was a bit cold.

Room Tip: I was in Room 015 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PeterArdoeGM, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Ecarola,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our privilege room during your recent visit to Ardoe House. I am particularly pleased to read that my team looked after you well and made you feel welcome.

I look forward to welcome you back at Ardoe during your next trip to Aberdeen.

SCOTLAND
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Having just returned from a three night stay for a birthday treat for my wife. What a disappointment. Firstly asked for £150 to allow me credit to eat or drink. The first room given No142. Room looked ok. Toilet cistern wouldn't fill after flushing, Huge orange stain on the carpet and the interior windows so dirty on the inside you could write your name on them. Room changed to 106 well this was an eye opener. The toilet area is filthy with horrible gunge round bath taps, dirty grout on tiles, huge chip out of handbasin, towel rail hanging off the wall, broken toilet seat, broken fascia on front of toilet cistern ,seat back broken on the chair in room. No fridge, no mini bar. The restaurant has no table de hote or a la carte menu only bar supper menu, no tables set The bar menu is poor and grossly overpriced cheapest main course macaroni at £15.00. Breakfast if not included is about £17 for buffet food which is cooked and left for approx. 3 hours without changing. However the staff are all extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GRFBAF,

Thank you for the detailed feedback you provided following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectation on this occasion.
I am terribly sorry that you experienced any inconveniences with regards to the cleanliness and level of repairs in your room. This has been addressed immediately with the Head of Department concerned. Rest assured that lesson has been learnt.
With regards to credit facilities within the hotel, it is common practice to obtain credit facilities upon check-in and I am sorry if this disturbed ouy. Minibars & Fridges are a fixture present in our privilege room and suite only.

As for our Food and Beverage offering, a Brasserie Menu is available in our bar and restaurant containing a large selection of products sourced locally. Additionally, an A La Carte Menu is available in our restaurant from 6:30 pm each evening.
The breakfast offering is prepared freshly everyday and topped up continuously throughout service to ensure freshness of all ingredients on display as well as a full selection for each and every guests. Additionally, an A LA Carte option is available and highlighted on the menu. Finally, our guests often chose to book a room with Breakfast included which is a better value for money proposition. I understand from your post that you had booked a room only rate which meant that breakfast was payable as an addition.

I am glad that my team looked after you well and were extremely polite and helpful throughout your stay.

I hope I will be able to welcome you back and restore your faith in our hotel as the inconvenience you encountered does not reflect the high standards of service we pride ourselves upon.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Room, spa, reception staff and food all get the thumps up.

However, while in the bar there was a mix up with our bill. We told the girl that food was not included in our rate but she still only charged us for drinks (and the wrong drinks). Finally she realised what she had done and did apologise. She gave us the correct bill minus the drinks we paid for, but it was still extremely unprofessional. The bar staff also found it hilarious, again very unprofessional. Felt like the bar was being run by kids, ruined the night a little.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PeterArdoeGM, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Grey777,

Thank you for your feedback in your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry you experience any inconvenience during your time in our resident bar. I will ensure the whole team is made aware of your feedback and take action to rectify this immediately.
I am glad however, that the team were able to rectify the problem immediately and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the quality of your room, the Spa amenities and the food served.

I look forward to welcome you back on property.

South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Returned to our favourite hotel in the Aberdeen area.
It is gratifying to see that the rooms have improved and the 'room service' breakfast is as good as ever.
The only downside is that the food (in Soapies) is still served cold and not to the standard we used to receive in this establishment.
We had to return one chicken meal and the other three 'hot' meals were at a barely acceptable level, with certain elements almost stone cold.
We will keep returning because it is our haven of rest when we are working in Aberdeenshire - something not available in the city centre hotels, but we sincerely hope the message gets through that the food should be served "HOT".
We were not the only people to complain about the food!
Our next stay will be soon and we will not eat an evening meal in the hotel - we will eat in the city.

Room Tip: Avoid the modern business rooms and take a standard room - they have more space and are every bit as...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that you experience issues with the cooking temperature of your dinner in Soapies Bar. I have relayed your feedback t the Head Chef who will take action immediately to remedy the situation and ensure such an inconvenience is avoided in the future.
I am glad however, this did not stop you to enjoy a very relaxing stay with us and look forward to welcome you back on property.

Hotel Manager

Been to Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!