“Disgusted with this hotel!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
MERCURE SPRING OFFER
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Disgusted with this hotel!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and certainly would never recommend it to anyone after my last visit !!! On arrival our room was freezing, you would think that knowing the room was booked somebody would turn the radiator on ! But most disappointing was that I had left behind two necklaces and a ring and when I contacted the hotel to retrieve the items they had miraculously disappeared !!! To say I'm disgusted is an understatement. I expected more from Ardoe House and their staff.
My advise to anybody staying here is to take care of your valuables as clearly there not safe here. Albeit I had left the items behind but you would expect any decent member of staff to hand them in .

• Stayed February 2013
PeterArdoeGM, General Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments, please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced in trying to retrieve your lost property, as you know I have emailed you privately to discuss the matter and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Aberdeen for the day with family including my 8 year old daughter and we had chosen to have afternoon tea at Ardoe....wow...it was simply amazing. Wide selection of teas/coffee, cakes, scones and sandwiches which were presented beautifully. But for me, what made it more special was the fact that there is an afternoon tea menu specially for children comprising of treats and sandwiches which appeal to kids. My daughter absolutely loved it. It was a really nice way to spend an afternoon. The staff should be highly commended as well. We could not fault a thing so thank you Ardoe for a wonderful afternoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am delighted that you all enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us here at Ardoe House and I look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Peter.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent our first Easter together in Ardoe and had a fab 2 days. We were welcomed by a hand writen note wishing us happy birthday - my partner had told them about the added occasion to the stay and ended with a very cheery good bye at the end of it. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful and up beat, we really received 5 star Aberdonian service. My only criticism would lie in the hotel room it welf which faced a slightly meagre back avenue. Overall I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: ask for garden views at the front of the hotel not the back!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with here at Ardoe House and hope to wlecome you back in the near future.

Carnoustie, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at Ardoe on quite a few occasions and each time i have never been disappointed so decided to take my mum and her husband to Ardoe for a night as she hadn't been there in many years.....it is safe to say they weren't disappointed either....what an amazing hotel. From the minute we entered the hotel to the minute we checked out, we had the most enjoyable and memorable experience. Staff are consistently very friendly, helpful and professional ensuring we were well looked after. Our rooms were beautiful....very spacious, clean and quiet. We had dinner in the bar and wow....it was out of this world. Every course was a real pleasure to eat....simply amazing. The waiting staff demonstrated a high standard of customer service and professionalism. Very friendly, attentive and ensured our dining experience was most enjoyable and memorable. The staff are a real credit to the hotel. I used the gym in the morning....very spacious and wide selection of cv and weight machines. The room itself was very clean as was the equipment and it looked like it was well maintained. Breakfast was most enjoyable. Wide selection of cold and hot food from the buffet and also there is a menu with a great choice of additional options. Again the staff were faultless. Unfortunately we were only staying one night so it was with reluctance that we had to check out! Thank you for to everyone at Ardoe for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed and constructive feedback Julie, it is greatly appreciated and I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us here at Ardoe House on this occasion.

Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I have just spent a night at Ardoe House and really enjoyed it. The hotel is very impressive looking from the outside and is even more so inside. It is a beautiful old building which has been very well looked after. Our room was very comfortable with plenty of space and the bathroom was lovely. We had a delicious meal in the bar - the food really is tasty and well presented. Many parts of the hotel have been recently refurbished and look great but even the older parts look very nice. The staff are friendly, welcoming and efficient. I would love to go back and spend more than a night there so we can enjoy more of what the hotel has to offer, including the spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback following your recent stay with us here at Ardoe House, it is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

4 of us booked the spa break and thought we had a fairly good deal.however upon arrival we were greeted by an unenthusiastic receptionist who did not inform us of breakfast times or check out times, failed to ask us if we wanted to book us in for dinner and did not even know directions to the spa which we had booked treatments for.the rooms were not adequately stocked with tea/coffee/ etc and the shower was so extremely hot I nearly scolded myself.the spa was brilliant with helpful staff and we had wonderful treatments.so I would give the spa full marks.the rooms are dated and need upgraded for a 4 star hotel.and the staff seemed to all be new starts with not a clue what was going on and were extemeley ubhelpful.I visited this hotel previously for a dinner dance when it wad McDonalds and had a wonderful stay.I'm unsure mercure are doing anythin positive for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback, please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced on this occasion along with my assurances that I will discuss your comments with my team and ensure lessons are learnt where appropriate. I have also written to you privately to address your concerns further.

Peter.
Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent easter weekend at Ardoe House with my husband, his cousin & wife, the drive up to hotel is very impressive, beautiful looking from the outside & very grand inside, staff very friendly, the room was clean & comfortable, we all enjoyed our spa treatment from Fiona who was very friendly, we booked dinner in main restaurant which was delayed slightly as our table had a leak above it, not a major problem as these things do happen, we had a laugh with the plumber who was called out to fix problem, poor man having to work on a Sat night, while we enjoyed a brilliant 3 course meal & wine, could not fault any of it, we would visit again

Room Tip: we stayed in room 241 which is in the newer part, but after speaking to other guests who were in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback Dawn, yes unfortunately we had a burst water pipe on that particular evening, one of these things that is very hard to avoid but I am glad to hear that it didnt detract to much from your evening. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ardoe House in the future.

Peter

Been to Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!