“Lovely place and very good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely place and very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was recently at a fund raising event held here. It was really professionally organised. The food was very good and everything ran like clock work. The waiters were very attentive. It's a little bit tricky to find in the dark driving. I have been a few times and always take the wrong turn off but I got there in the end.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PeterArdoeGM, General Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Natasha, I am delighted that your event was a success and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Ardoe House in the future.

Peter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently stay in the hotel and had no expectations at all. I was here for business (conference in the hotel), so a perfect combination. Comfortable rooms, nice bars, good choices for food, lovely wines....and don't forget....a good accomodation for conferences. A word of thank to all the staff, especially Erika, who made you feel at home. I will surely recommend this hotels to others.

Room Tip: Room 147, a long walk but worthy. Quiet and a marvellous view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be certain to share your comments with Erika and the team. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Ardoe House in the near future.

Kind regards

Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently stayed at Ardoe House and just wanted to share what a lovely stay we had there. My husband secretly arranged a surprise stay for us and our six year old daughter to celebrate my birthday. Having been married at Ardoe a few years ago it certainly lived up to our high expectations. On arrival we noticed the interior had been impressively refurbished and very tastefully done, now contemporary but still very much sympathetic to Ardoe's lovely original features and loved the quirky colours and Scottish decor which really complements the reception area, restaurants and bars throughout. We were checked in by a friendly member of staff and were delighted to discover that our room was in the original part of the building over looking the lawn where we exchanged our vows many moons ago! As you can imagine this was sentimental for us, another lovely touch was the handmade chocolates which didn't last too long!!! We ordered room service which came within about five minutes, again the staff were very friendly. We had promised our daughter to go swimming in the afternoon and were pleased to see the pool and spa area were again still living up to expectations offering many treatments you would expect. The pool was lovely and warm and most importantly clean! After our swim we headed back upstairs for some well earned bubbles, we booked an early dinner to fit in with our daughters bed time and enjoyed some delicious food which was cooked and presented to perfection. The bar staff were all very friendly and the bar man was very knowledgable of the many whiskies available. He showed us through to the Whisky Bar which had also been refurbished and featured tasteful portraits of all our Scottish personalities, I particularly liked the decanters which had been made into lampshades! The following morning we went for a first class traditional Scottish cooked breakfast, a little break and then back to the pool again to try and burn some of it off! Unfortunately it was time to check out however, I can't express how magical a weekend we had at Ardoe House and would highly recommend a visit you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Perhaps give the hotel a ring and let them know what kind of stay or room you are looking for. Ther...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback Mark, I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us here at Ardoe House and I am very grateful that you took the time to comment in such detail. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

elgin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Below expectations food and service in restaurant let down my visit to hotel. Inconsistent service time delay in serving food and wine, warm food not hot. Plates not heated, quantity of food limited. Impressive building, location ideal, very easily found.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments following you recent stay with us here at Ardoe House, I will be certain to share the problems surrounding your dining experience with my team and apologise for the obvious inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Kind regards

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am in Aberdeen for professional reasons and it is definitely one of the best place to stay. Rooms are pleasant and comfortable, and staff is always very welcoming.
I look forward to be back next week.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your recent comments, I am very pleased that you continue to enjoy staying with us here at Ardoe House and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Ardoe House Hotel while attending a dinner and had a very pleasant stay. My room was comfortable and I slept very well. The service at reception and from all the staff I met were excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your feedback Fiona, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at Ardoe House Hotel.

Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here recently on 15th February for the Spa Reviver deal. For £170 we got a room, breakfast, a 3 course meal and 2x free 30 minute treatments at the Spa. Well worth it!!

Had a look at the menu weeks before we arrived + emailed the hotel re a change for my meal (fussy vegetarian!!). They kept in touch with me and I got a meal of pasta on the evening. Our room was lovely. Only complaint as that the water wasn't warm enough in the morning for a shower.

We would stay here again for the Spa Reviver Deal.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here at Ardoe House for your Spa Break. Please accept my apologies regarding the water temperature, we are actually just about to undergo a replacement of the main boiler in this area of the hotel which will address this concern moving forward, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Peter

Been to Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!