“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Very pleased with room. Staff in restaurant were excellent.
It was nice to have a fan in the room to use as there was no ac to cool room down at night.
Only complaint would be with wifi. It was horrible. Worked for a few minutes and go off. staff seemed not all caring about that.

Room Tip: Looking over the woods was nice.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have passed on your kind comments regarding the staff in the restaurant to our food and beverage manager to allow him to praise them accordingly. I have shared your comments regarding the wifi to our external internet provider who are currently investigating.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops in the future.

Mike Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This hotel is excellent for all age groups. The food is first class and the accommodation is good too.
Staff are friendly and helpful. The lift is good for those with mobility problems.
Parking is easy too.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite is relatively cheap and very comfortable
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will ensure that your kind comments are seen by the entire team, I am sure they will act as a great motivator for them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops in the future.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had a very nice stay at the treetops. It was close to the centre. The breakfast was very good. The room was comfortable. It has a swimming pool which we did not use. It could have had a better bus service but the walk was good if you are able.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure that your comments reach the entire team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops in the future.

CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights last week and here's my thoughts. I was in a room that I was told was an upgrade due to my hhonors gold status, however, if it was, I wonder what a standard single room would be like. The room was rather small and poorly laid out. There was a radiator in the corner that if it was cold I'm not sure I knew I how to use, and another radiator/towel heater thing in the bathroom, that I did attempt to turn on, but couldn't get it. I also noticed that the bathroom tile didn't match all the way around the room, they they tried to make it look similar.
The room had a flat screen on the wall and the lights were pretty straight forward and easy to use. There was a desk and chair in the room as well as a sort of armoire in the corner for clothes with an iron inside. No safe in the room. The shower was nice and hot with decent water pressure.
I noticed the staff in the restaurant was ok, but not all that attentive. The staff in the bar was not good at all. Getting a drink seemed like it required an invitation and to get food in the bar was even harder, though with perseverance, it could be done.
The location of the hotel is kind of interesting in that I could not find anything around it really, but that is not the fault of the stuff or management, it is where it is, and that's where my company put me.
There is free wifi that was fine, and an upgraded higher speed if you want to pay, so that's something most hiltons don't usually offer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

I have received all of your comments and will work with my senior management to improve the services and standards that we provide to all of our guests. I have passed on your comments regarding the service that you received in the bar to our food and beverage manager to allow him to investigate the individuals involved.

Thank you once again for all of your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops in the future.

Portsoy, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. The only areas I would comment on was that for a family room the room was quite small. Also some areas in the pool area I felt needed improved on for example the buckets sitting catching water from a leaking area! But overall we were very happy with stay and the breakfast was excellent!! Plenty choice and all the food was hot!! Great stay overall would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will ensure that the food and beverage team receive your kind comments. I have also passed on your comments regarding the pool area to both our healthclub and maintenance managers, who will work together resolve these matters.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Sunderland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Stayed one night on business, nice hotel, although could do with sprucing up to meet expectations of the Hilton hotel brand. Typical hotel room ok for one night although staying in room 38 on the floor near the gym the music from the gym could be easily heard during opening hours , as well as neighbours coming and going from their rooms. I ate in the bar area and the food was nice did not try restaurant, buffet breakfast sets you up for good start to the day. Overall average stay, would stay again but will try other hotels first when returning to Aberdeen.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

I have received all of your comments and have passed them onto our maintenance manager to investigate. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food in the bar and at breakfast, I will ensure that the food and beverage team receive your feedback.

TURRIFF, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel is overpriced and doesnt live up to Hilton standards, the menu is set every night with additional 2 changes soup or a burger, the laundry service is well overpriced, rooms are small and noisey, there is no AC in the rooms so the window has to be left open in the summer to keep the room cool, internet is priced at 30 pounds for 5 days and spent more time logging on every 5 minutes than i di surfing the net, overall very poor for a Hilton hotel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014

I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. We do have a number of menus in both our restaurant and bar that run each night including daily specials. The menu that you are referring to is our specials menu that offers 2 starters and 2 main courses, we have full menus available in both of these outlets. I have shared all your comments with the senior leadership team to allow for investigation.

Mike Marshall

Been to Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel? Share your experiences!