“Hilton?Where?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Naples, Italy
“Hilton?Where?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Poor rooms, very expensive. That's my feedback for my stay in this Hilton hotel.
To be fair the personnel is kind and professional but the old and poor rooms (uncomfortable beds and micro bathroom) cannot be a 4stars hotel. Far from the center. Don't do it!!

• Stayed March 2014
Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I have received your comments; I am disappointed that a number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations during your visit. We are investigating the points you have raised with the management team at the hotel.

Thank you for your review and I hope you will consider the Treetops in the future.

Mike Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Having stayed here for two nights and read many of the comments on trip advisor I think I can distil things down into the following:
The fabric of this hotel is old with significant maintenance problems and some cleaning issues, they have made a pleasant lobby and dining room.
The staff are all very good, friendly and willing to help.
On the Internet, looking at what facilities are available, this hotel looks very good. However it is nowhere near the normal Hilton standard.(Or the normal Hilton price!)
I would recommend this hotel only for single travel and not for overly long stays.

My specific experience was of a small, dated but generally clean room with a large television. A very dated and somewhat dirty gymnasium and pool area and a clean spacious friendly breakfast area with a very good selection of food and for only £10.
My room was on the first floor over the gym and was very quiet despite a school prom going on in a different part of the hotel. It was not overly hot as some people have said previously. The double bed was absolutely tiny and whilst fine for me on my own would have been totally unacceptable for me and my fiancée.
Having read some of the comments that give this place five stars I am somewhat suspicious as to their authors as nobody could say this place was spotlessly clean or perfect With regards to maintenance, just look at the photos that have been posted if you want proof of this.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Fyvie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My partner had booked a deluxe double room for us a what was meant to be a special night away. Unfortunately, our stay was nothing but disappointing. His original online reservation was lost and as a result we were given a standard room as a replacement. This had to be the worst room I have ever stayed in. It was very small. One side of the bed was up against the wall! It was extremely noisy as was very close to the leisure complex and it was overly hot, even with the heating turned down. It was the worst night sleep I have ever had. I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel nor would I wish to stay there again.

scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We thought we were treating ourselves by booking a night in a Hilton hotel, but were bitterly disappointed.
I'm no clean freak but the bathroom had a tangle of hair on the floor, the mastic behind the bathtaps was black and sludgy, the grout was mouldy and needed a scrub and the handle on the wardrobe door had been broken leaving sharp metal. Cushion on the armchair had burst open. The sofa bed intended for our son was so uncomfortable due to plastic toggles protruding from the mattress that it could only be slept on by lying on half of the quilt and trying to wrap the remaining half over the top like a sleeping bag, but the quilt wasn't big enough for this (my husband had that pleasure). Probably worst was that the sink's plug was stuck in the plughole as the lever to raise it was broken. To let water flow away we had to prize the plug up enough to wedge it so as to leave a gap (using complementary toiletries). This didn't make for much of a flow of water, and there was a bit of reflux of dirty water when we cleaned our teeth etc - pretty revolting. Had to wipe away the accumulated debris with toilet roll as it wouldn't flow away.
We had a discounted rate for the room, and were hardly in it other than to sleep, otherwise we would have complained and asked to be moved. I understand that it's not a brand spanking new hotel, but it's imperative that management take a good look in all the rooms and either fix these issues (most of which must be long-standing problems) or else don't let the affected rooms!
Two stars rather than one because the breakfast was good and the staff were fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

excellent reception,wedding service was very good, meal and disco was excellent,the breakfast was well presented and very satisfying.The only problem they could not find my Hilton member details despite looking on the computer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mike M, General Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended however am sorry to hear that we could not locate your HHonors profile; please contact the team at the hotel on 01224 313377 with all of your details and we will look into this further for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you will consider the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel in the future.

Fife, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff at the Hotel were second to none. we could not have wished for better service. Hugo especially on our arrival was so kind and helpful it made our stay get off to great start. we had dinner and again staff were attentive but not obtrusive. Then food was excellent and a good selection on the Menu. On departure the assistance was as good as it had been on arrival, excellent. Would really recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I delighted to read more wonderful comments about the team at the hotel - I will ensure that your feedback is distributed and can assure you that Hugo's efforts do not go unnoticed.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Myself and my partner really enjoyed the food and the service we recieved during our stay. All of the staff were really friendly and welcoming. The food was amazing at both breakfasts and both dinners on both nights we stay at the Hilton Treetops.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and delighted to read your comments about your dining experience and the service provided by the team at the hotel. I will make sure that your feedback is shared with all of the staff.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel in the near future.

Mike Marshall

Been to Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel? Share your experiences!