“Be careful: there is an Hilton TreeTops and a Hilton Double Tree!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #48 of 61 hotels in Aberdeen
Prague
“Be careful: there is an Hilton TreeTops and a Hilton Double Tree!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our visit to the Hilton TreeTops didn't start off that well as we were dropped off at the wrong hotel - be careful, there is a Hilton Double Tree down by the waterfront, and there is this hotel, the Hilton TreeTops. Not good when you walk in and reception tells you that 'people mix them up all the time!' If that's the case, why not change one of the names so even the local taxi drivers aren't confused?! Once we finally got to the TreeTops, it was nice enough, though the bar prices were expensive for what you got - £12 for half a club sandwich!! We stayed for a wedding and the room was nice enough, the food was good, but for our next trip to Aberdeen I wouldn't stay here as it's in the middle of a residential area and there are other hotels closer to city centre. Nice enough for what it is but probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the function suite overlooking the pool area were nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike M, Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

We take all feedback very seriously and constructively and constantly use this feedback to improve our standards and services. I can assure you we are looking at each aspect that you have commented on to ensure we do achieve an improved performance.

I very much hope that should you return to Aberdeen you will feel able to consider the hotel again for your accommodation and dining requirements and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Treetops in the near future.

672 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed over there for only 1 night but I liked the service and the hotel location. Staffs were too friendly. keeping high standard of hospitality and welcoming nature.
special appreciation for Front Desk team for meeting all my needs and accomodating me in a very good room.
totally very much satisfied.

Room Tip: go for the pool side !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yet another review of the same hotel you may well all say, but this hotel deserves the credit that I feel is due to the hotel and it's amazing staff.
Let me begin, stayed here enroute to Barcelona for my 51 birthday. Arrived at the hotel, didn't even have to check in, room keys already waiting and our usual room 1, such attention to detail by Jasdeep and his front of house team.
Pre birthday dinner in the restaurant, outstanding at all levels, thank you to Abhishek and the whole food and beverage team, and enjoyed seeing Gary and the new baby Basil !!
Sleep quality excellent, just fitted a new carpet in our room, very good taste whoever chose the carpet !!
Excellent breakfast just what we have come to expect from this hotel.
No more reports on this hotel for at least six months, but we already have four more bookings in the pipe line and for sure there will be more !!
Check the Hilton web site, special offer at the moment for bonus HH points staying either mid week or at weekends, however during the week you will be lucky to get a room.
If I have one very minor complaint, and it's not the hotels fault but the Internet access is very trying. One logs in ( complementary as a Diamond member ) but if you close your iPad, connection is lost and you have to log in again and again. Presently in Hilton Diagonal Mar, Barcelona for eight days, code entered first day and connection runs until we leave.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the delux plus rooms, or use this hotel regularly and you will be spoilt by Jasdeep and A...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I am delighted that you had another pleasant stay with us and that the team at the hotel looked after you well during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arrived 29th March and looking forward to a Vegas night of the Ratpack having seen them a few times, The Ratpack consists of three men namely Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis (lookalikes of course). We got one man singing to tapes and did not sound like anything like any of the Ratpack, so, in short we were there under false pretenses,
The hotel, staff and food were very nice thank you but this was a break for my husband and I (both in our 70's) having a relaxing weekend.
Will be wary in the future of caberet breaks. This was the view of quite a few of people we spoke to.
Mrs D Mays

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service provided by the team at the hotel.

The entertainment was sold as a package via our agent and was sold as Rat Pack music and was not advertised by the hotel as a tribute band.

I hope that you will consider the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel for future accommodation breaks in Aberdeen and thank you once again for your review.

St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel with it's charming character has potential but it is in desperate need of a refresh.
The hard working and friendly staff do not offset the overpriced facilites.
I agree with the other reviews that this hotel is not up to expectations given the brand and rates.
It will do if you are stuck but there is much better value in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor / basement. Its cold and damp.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike M, Manager at Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel. I am extremely grateful to have received your comments and recommendations.

I am pleased to advise that we are currently upgrading the hotel corridor areas and meeting rooms which will improve the overall appearance of the internal areas of the property.

Thank you for your valued feedback and we hope you will consider the Treetops for your future accommodation requirements.

Scottish Borders
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been to a lot of Hiltons over the years and always look forward to a nice relaxed visit. I love the quality that the Hilton brand offers, decent surroundings, good furnishings and decor and a nice spacious bedroom. Unfortunately the Tree Tops Hilton in Aberdeen is nothing like this. On checking in however, we were greeted with a very warm welcome, that cannot be denied. Our room No. 47 was very small, no comfy seating to speak of and a standard double bed. It had no outlook to speak off, just onto some back stairs. Our bedroom window also looked onto the main corridor and didn't have any net curtains, so no privacy unless you decided to pull the curtains shut. Apart from the dining room, bar and reception,mother rest of the building looks well run down.mpaint peeling off the walls, like of signage and dripping, rusting gutters. I'm one of the biggest Hilton fans and a Hilton Honours member, but if the Hilton brand do not invest in this building, they would be best to pullout of it as its an embarrassment to the brand. On the plus side....breakfast was ok, but the worst I've had at a Hilton hotel

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel following your recent stay. I am extremely grateful to have received your comments and recommendations.

I am pleased to advise we are currently refurbishing the hotel corridor areas to upgrade these areas to the same standard as the public areas which were upgraded at the end of 2011. These works will be completed shortly and will improve the overall appearance of the building.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope you will consider the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops for your future accommodation requirements in Aberdeen.

South Shields, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Anyone who knows Aberdeen will tell you that Aberdeen hotels are generally less good than their counterparts in other regions. The main reason for this is oil! Since Aberdeen is the capital of the North Sea, there are always plenty of people passing through to keep the hotels full. There has been, for years, under capacity within the city. Hilton Treetops is no exception. It has the typical impressive facade and reception area but look more closely and you will soon see the cracks! The rooms are tired, the elevator looks old and tired (although it appears to be regularly maintained) the corridors look tired and the whole building in general seems stuck in the 1990's.
The bar area is very inviting with Sky Sports being shown when the matches are on TV although the drinks are a bit pricey. The restaurant service varies from just ok to absolutely atrocious. When ringing room service they make you feel lucky and privelidged to be able to get your food delivered. (Note to manager: Please instruct the person answering the room service telephone not to address customers as "mate". It is vey rude). I only stay here begrudglingly because this is where my company plonks me. Otherwise, if I was organising it myself, I'd be giving this place a wide berth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel.

I have shared your comments with the management team at the hotel and thank you for bringing certain matters to our attention.

I am pleased to confirm we are in the process of upgrading the corridor areas within the hotel as the most recent phase in our ongoing improvement programme and expect these works to be completed in the near future.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and I am confident you will see the improvements on your next visit to the hotel.

Mike Marshall

Been to Hilton Aberdeen Treetops Hotel? Share your experiences!