Expectations were higher than normal when booking in with the high room rate, however my expectations were not met from the start.
With this being one of two Holiday Inns ( other one being an Express) I did expect an above average room, what I actually got was a generic room with not even a biscuit on the drinks tray.
The room clean, but was, in my opinion, small in width, with the bed length taking almost the width of the room, the desk chair becoming problematic if pulled out as it used up the all the space left at the end of the bed.
I ordered room service and I got, even with a simple selection, a very poor meal of which I left most of it being cold, I didn't complain, but I should have done on reflection.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, but without free WiFi I had to resort to a meagre 3G connectivity for talking to loved ones.
I slept well, with little noise, considering the ground floor room, the bathroom well stocked with product for use in the shower.
Breakfast was good with a reasonable selection buffet service and lots of hot coffee and papers.
Would I stay again, no, I could not genuinely recommend this hotel for anyone to use their own money to stay, I was fortunate as my company was picking up the bill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy direct access to Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre from the Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre hotel, conveniently just off the A90 motorway. Friendly staff greet you as you enter Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's spacious, light-filled Lobby. Stroll straight through to your event at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, or finish off work on the uncluttered desk in your modern Guest room. We've plenty of complimentary parking at our handy location, tucked away from Aberdeen's bustling centre but only a speedy 15-minute journey by bus. Aberdeen Airport is 5 miles away. Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre is well-placed in the Bridge of Don's oil business hub, and is a short drive from General Electric, Weatherford and RBG Rig Blast. Wood Group Engineering and Sparrows Offshore are also nearby. You can link to wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Wander by rolling greenery at lush Royal Aberdeen Golf Club , 500 metres from the hotel. For family outings, head for beachside thrills at nearby Codonas Amusement Park and make a trip to legendary Loch Ness, 3 hours away. Chic Maximilian's Restaurant serves locally caught fish and chargrilled fillet steak. You can sample whiskey and grab favourites from burgers to pizzas in our stylish Maxi's Bar. Order late-night snacks from Holiday Inn Aberdeen-Exhibition Centre's 24-hour Room Service menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Holiday Inn Exhibition Centre
- Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre Scotland