“Nothing spectacular but value for money by Aberdeen standards” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre

You added Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Claymore Drive, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen AB23 8BL, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Newport, United Kingdom
“Nothing spectacular but value for money by Aberdeen standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've reviewed quite a few Aberdeen hotels recently. This one holds up reasonably well with the competition. Whilst there isn't much in the immediate area if you want something to do other than work, it is a short taxi ride from the city centre and not very far from Trump's new golf course (a few miles up the dual carriageway). Of course, it is perfect for the Exhibition Centre being part of the same complex.

The food is reasonable if unspectacular, the rooms are clean and the service is quite good. Both the bar and the restaurant have TVs which is handy if the football is on.

Overall, not bad at all. You could certainly do a lot worse in Aberdeen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that in comparison to our competitors you have valued our services and the quality and cleanliness of our bedrooms.

I am looking forward to your next stay with us - once again thank you for your time.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
peterhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean comfortable bed so got a real good sleep.
The breakfast was also very good lot's to choose from as being a buffet style
so you can have as much or little as you wanted.also good parking and very close to
the city centre for some shopping and also various amounts of bars and resteraunts which
could lead to a good day/night on the town

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback - I am happy to learn that you have appreciated our services and the quality of our rooms and breakfast. I do hope that your experience will lead to your next visit to Bridge of Don Holiday Inn and I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the start this was a nice hotel. We booked a long weekend here from Friday to Monday. Total cost for my Wife, Daughter and myself was £155 for bed and a buffet style breakfast. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was nice, fresh and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants a decent hotel at a decent price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and other users of Tripadvisor - reviews like yours always put a smile on my face and I am delighted to see that you had a great family stay. I will make sure that your feedback goes down to all my colleagues in all departments as I am sure it will make their day as well.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel ,one because it was close to my friends in aberdeen and secondly at fifty pound a night I thought was good value for Aberdeen,the staff were very friendly both at reception and at the hotel bar,the room was spacious clean and I was able to adjust the heat from the radiator to ensure our room was nice and warm,I did not eat in the hotel so cannot judge on this but what I will say is that the price you pay for a drink is very expensive at over four pounds for a vodka and coke, would stay at thishotel again due to the staff and the night porter who agan was very freindly.

Room Tip: as the area was quiet at the time I am sorry cannot sat
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that you had a very good stay and you enjoyed your weekend with us.
Thank you for sharing that experience with other users of Tripadvisor - I am hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Room furnished to a good clean standard. Very friendly staff, including Erika on reception. Breakfast absolutely excellent in terms of range and quality. Thanks for a great stay at a good price. The hotel is in a good location for getting into the city centre by Taxi, bus or your own car.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review - I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated our services and quality of our breakfast - I am also pleased that you have managed to get yourself a good deal.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Generally only tripadvisor for bad or brilliant... unfortunately this hotel is BAD.

After an 11 hour drive, it took 45 mins to get checked in, during that 45 mins I was given four different rooms, the four I eventually got to stay in, the first already had a guest in the room.

This was resolved by the offer of a complimentary glass of wine and a free meal.

However there the problems continued despite our original complaint;

1) Only being offered a limited menu despite the other guests getting the full menu.

2) Not being offered bread, despite the other guests being offered

(it was like they wanted to do the free menu on the cheap!)

3) General lack of service skills of the waitresses

4) Dirty glasses

Don't stay, unless you are happy with substandard customer service and skill.

On a positive note, the only staff that seem to have any customer service skills are Kimberley (Receptionist), Amanda (Receptionist) and Laura (Duty Manager)

• Stayed March 2013
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you have not enjoyed your stay and that although we have tried to rectify the initial issues with your booking service provided was not satisfactory to you. I would like to ensure you that your comments were passed to our General Manager and that issues mentioned were already addressed.

Once again I apologize for your experience and hope that you will decide to stay with us in future to let us prove that we have improved in mentioned areas.

Liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel friendly staff, food very expensive. Charges for wifi. A few miles from city centre. About £9 in taxi. Clean and rooms ok. For Aberdeen was ok, used by oil and gas people as close to industrial estate with oil companies training places. Free bus from hotel to airport for guests

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of our property - I am happy to notice that you have enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the cleanliness of our rooms.
I would like to clarify that we actualy do not offer shuttle bus service to the airport - our bus is designated to provide runs to heliports only and is limited to some contracts that we have in place with local companies.

Once again thank you for your time.

Reservations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre? Share your experiences!