“Stayed one night for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #3 of 62 Hotels in Aberdeen
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Stayed one night for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a reasonably well-appointed hotel, easily found & not too far from the centre of Aberdeen. As wedding venue, it ticked all the boxes - good food, comfortable rooms, well-stocked bar, but no lift and only two ground-floor rooms.
However, I was disappointed when, having booked nearly four weeks in advance over the phone, and having requested a ground floor room for my elderly father-in-law (this request was approved by the person who took the booking), I was told on arrival at reception that the room was now not available & that he would have take a first-floor room, up some 12-15 stairs. Whilst understanding that the room was taken by another relative with similar walking difficulties, it would have been less hassle if I was told this at the time of booking, rather than have the embarrassment at the time of signing-in ! This left us disappointed straightaway and it wasn't until late evening when the member of staff who signed us in apologised.

Room Tip: Probably at the rear of the hotel, away from the distraction of weddings etc
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and i am delighted you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended here at the hotel. It was a pleasure to look after everyone and see everyone have such a good time.

With regards to us being unable to allocate a room on the ground level, please accept my apologies for this and any inconvenience this may have caused. We have two rooms on the ground level and indeed one was allocated to yourself, however on the arrival of the bridal party within the hotel it was requested that allocation changes be made with these.

This was by no means an easy situation for us to be in and I apologise for this happening.

I am however pleased to note that this didn't distract too much from your stay and that you continued to enjoy the wedding.

Graham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We were guests at a friends birthday celebration. There was a wonderful warm welcome, good food and great service. Good size function room which was well air conditioned which really helped when the dancing started! A good time was had by all.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a most enjoyable evening last weekend at Debbie's birthday celebrations.

It was an absolute pleasure looking after everyone at the event and it appears everyone had a great time.

We strive to ensure all our guests are offered a high level of quality and service and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Have an great weekend.

With best wishes

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed in the Palm Court whilst on business in Aberdeen . Although the hotel is a couple of miles from the city centre it couldn't be better sited. Just off the north road on Seafiled Road it's location made it better for driving to and to park. Really nice looking hotel outside and in. Plenty of parking to choose from. The bar was well stocked, reasonably priced and plenty of seating and spacious.

Room Tip: No lifts so be prepared for a couple of flights of stairs
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy our high level of service and quality we offer and I am delighted you have had the opportunity to experience this first hand

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have been critical of this hotel in the past with regards to the poor maintenance of the decking area, which is a popular choice for smokers (not that I smoke), wedding guests or for a bit of al fresco. This stuck out like a sore thumb when you consider how chilled and spotless clean the facilities are inside. My comments were immediately responded to by Graeme on behalf of the hotel. These were not merely words but followed through and there has been a marked improvement. The food, the atmosphere, surrounds and excellent staff, who are all very friendly, make this 'home from home' for visitors to Aberdeen, wedding parties, funerals and local residents, who frequent the Palm Court. Food, drink and accommodaton are all very reasonably priced compared with other west end establishments. Thinking of staying in Aberdeen, this hotel is in reasonable distance from the business community, shopping, city centre and the airport - this is the place to consider first. Never mind the rest, try the best!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you continue to enjoy our hospitality here at the hotel . we strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy the high level of service we offer and I am pleased that you enjoy this first hand.

We are currently going through a work programme within the hotel and over the coming months there will be a number of areas seeing the benefits of some works.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your continued visits to the hotel

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed in the majority of hotel in Aberdeen and this is by far the best hotel.

The room is clean, large, lovely decor, comfy bed, and lots of little extras free of charge like the jar of biscuits and chocolates. You are lucky if you get any biscuits with your tea / coffee in most hotels now - but not here - it's the opposite. I actually can't find any fault with the hotel.

The staff were very friendly, the dinner menu excellent and the breakfast options were fresh and tasty.

It's got free parking and wifi too which is a bonus.

Room Tip: My room was room 5.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you continue to enjoy the high level of quality and service we offer to all our guests. Our team take great pride in offering a high level of customer service and I am delighted you have the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

With best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights attending my friends wedding.could not fault anything from the quality of service to the meals.All the staff were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpfull.
Graham was absolutely brilliant and made our stay very enjoyable.
I would highly recommend the palm court for any function/party as you will be made to feel very welcomed.

• Stayed September 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a great time at your friends wedding. It was indeed a pleasure looking after you all and that you had such a wonderful day. We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy our high level of quality and service and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and in the meantime thank you for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Portlethen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We attended our friend's wedding day there and throughout the day the service was terrific the staff were pleasant and welcoming and the rooms were clean and well presented. Nothing was too much trouble for Graham and his team. Had a terrific day and an extra special breakfast the following morning as they brought an additional portion of eggs benedict to sample despite already having a full scottish breakfast in front of us. Fantastic value all round and we'd thoroughly recommend using this venue for any event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your friend's recent wedding here at the hotel. It was a pleasure looking after you all and I am delighted the team all looked after you well. We strive to ensure all our wedding couples have a day to remember and I am delighted they did along with there guests.

I will pass your feedback to the team, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Graham

Been to Palm Court Hotel? Share your experiences!